Would he, would you?

As the morning light streamed into the room, I slowly woke up, feeling groggy and disoriented from the night before. With a throbbing headache, my head was spinning as I sat up in bed.

As I looked around, I realized that Simon wasn't there beside me. A wave of confusion and disappointment washed over me as I tried to piece together what had happened the night before.

I remembered the drinks and the laughter, the way Simon held my hand and looked into my eyes. But then the memories became hazy, like trying to see through a foggy window.

Had we argued?

Had I said something stupid?

Then it hit me - I had told him I felt like a burden. I cringed, regretting those words. At that moment, I felt uncomfortable, embarrassed even, that I had expressed my insecurities to him like that.

I then got out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom, my head still pounding. As I splashed some water on my face, I tried to shake off the fog in my mind. I looked in the mirror and saw my messy reflection, despair washing over me. I felt hopeless and helpless, wishing I could just disappear. I wanted to curl up in bed and not face the world, but I knew there was nothing I could do.

I slowly went about my morning routine, brushing my teeth and getting dressed for the day. But I still felt the same heavy weight in my chest, like the world was crashing down around me and I just wanted the day to be over.

After that, I headed down the stairs. As I reached the bottom step, my puppy Foap ran up to me, wagging his tail and jumping up to greet me.

Following Foap, I made my way to the glass door leading outside. As I approached, I noticed Price standing there, drinking his morning tea and admiring the view.

"Hey, good morning" He greeted me with a smile.

"Good morning" I replied, feeling a bit sleepy.

"Where is everyone?"

"They went to the town to grab some groceries for the BBQ later" He answered.

"Looks like it's just you and me for now" He smiled, clearly not realizing how grateful I was for a moment of such peace.

I nodded, feeling content with the quiet morning ahead. Price opened the glass door and we stepped outside. The warm, fresh morning air played with my hair, and I breathed in deeply, feeling the light breeze colliding with my face. The sun was just starting to peek over the trees, casting a warm glow over everything.

Price led me to a couple of chairs and we sat down, now surrounded by tranquility and nature.

"What's on your mind, kid?" Price turned his head, noticing something was wrong with me.

"It's nothing" I replied quickly, which then made Price even more concerned.

"You can tell me, that's why I am here" He tried to comfort me but I still avoided his eyes.

"Could you promise me not to tell anyone about it?" For a split second, I closed my eyes as I had doubts about telling him about my struggles.

"You can trust me" Price pulled his chair closer to mine, and he put his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

"Well, I've been thinking a lot lately" I muttered, staring down at my feet.

"About what?" He asked, leaning forward in his chair.

"About leaving" I paused for a second before continuing "I want to live a peaceful life, but I'm scared. And I don't know what to do..."

"What's making you feel scared?" Price asked as I looked at him, my eyes welling up with tears.