Bonded by blood

"Ghost must be so lucky to have you" As soon as I entered the office I heard Soap comment on my looks.

"What? Jealous?" I gave him a smirk and whispered seductively. I could feel eyes fixed on me since everyone in the room turned around to look at me. I was the heroin they wished they had.

"You indeed look stunning, Heroin" I heard Price compliment me.

"I know" was all I said. I still couldn't forgive him for ordering me to wear that dress.

My words were followed by Simon's entry into the room. He looked so innocent yet so intimidating. But I knew he was proud of having me. I was pretty sure there was a strong desire in his heart to show off what a beautiful woman he had found. I was his addiction and I knew he couldn't control himself.

Now every team member was there and we could finally discuss all the details of the mission. Basically nothing new was mentioned - I go in, I find the man and take care of him. It seemed quite easy at first but there was only one problem - nobody knew the face of that man, only that he had some tattoos on his neck. And apparently it was a masquerade ball, which I thought would make the mission even more complicated. But there was no way to turn back and so we started the mission, hoping everything would go according to the plan.

...

"You ready, Heroin?" Price asked as he stopped the car, just a few blocks away from the main building.

"I am always ready" I replied and put on my mask. Still, I could feel my heart pounding as if my body knew soon something bad would happen.

As I closed the door, I heard Simon come up behind me. He leaned so close to me, putting one hand on the roof of the car, the other wrapped around my waist.

"If anything unexpected happens, just don't think about it and leave"

"Don't you trust me?"

"After the last time? No, not really"

I broke eye contact with him because I felt embarrassed. I knew he would never forget what happened on that mission.

"I will have my eyes on you, so don't even think about doing something crazy" his grip tightened around me as he whispered in my ear.

I bit my bottom lip and felt my gaze soften. The feeling that Simon was always there to protect me made me feel butterflies in my stomach.

"I promise I won't disappoint you"

"Good girl" He let go of my waist and gently squeezed my ass.

I chuckled and knew I would never forget that moment. But I still couldn't understand why a constant feeling of fear followed me at every step.

...

As I was walking towards the main entrance I spotted guards all over the place. I slowed my pace and joined a group of guests, hoping nobody would notice that I was there on my own. And my plan worked - minutes later I was already inside looking for the target. I could feel everyone staring at me, trying to figure out who I was. Drawing so much attention was quite risky, but was it my problem that I looked so damn hot?

But as time passed, I couldn't find my target. Eventually, I decided to go to the bar, order a drink and pretend like I belonged there. Once I took the first sip of my cocktail, I noticed that man approaching me. I tried to avoid eye contact with him, with each second feeling more and more uncomfortable.

"I wonder what a woman like you is doing here all on her own?" As he leaned against the bar counter he inquired. But something seemed off. His voice sounded so familiar it almost gave me chills.

"I wonder what a man like you is doing here all on his own?" I still didn't want to look into his eyes, like never before I felt so worried and nervous.

I couldn't stop thinking about how I would lure him out of that place and murder that bastard. The loud music, never stopping moving lights made me feel dizzy, but the moment he touched my hand I immediately felt my thoughts leave.

"Would you like to dance with me?"

"Sure thing" I answered knowing that Simon would not enjoy seeing me spend time with another man.

The music got even louder as we started dancing. The way his arms held my waist, the way he was leaning closer to me made me feel sick. Simon, if he was indeed watching me, was likely full of anger and jealousy.

"Why so shy?" I heard him whisper as he started playing with my hair.

"Could we go somewhere else, I am not feeling okay" In fact, I was doing just fine, I could feel alcohol warming up my body. I thought this was the only chance I had to lure him out. And so I grabbed his hand and started walking towards the exit. It was so naive of me to think that he would easily follow me out of the building. But no, he had to complicate everything.

"Leaving so fast?"

"I need some fresh air" I finally looked him in the eyes and felt my whole body go numb. Even though the mask covered all of his face, his eyes were as familiar as his voice.

"Come, follow me" He said as he tightly grabbed my hand.

I was sure things were definitely not going according to the plan. Now that I was out of my team's sight and even though I had a gun, my mind was clouded by anxiety. I knew Simon was just as concerned as I was.

"Where are we going?" My voice was shaking. His grip on my hand became even tighter, and I knew that I would get a bruise.

It all seemed like he knew who I was, but I still couldn't figure out what exactly he wanted from me. Then we entered the lift and shared a few moments without saying a word to each other. I was so overwhelmed by my thoughts that I didn't even notice we were on the roof. It was freezing as fuck and of course it was snowing as always.

"Would it be okay if we went inside?" My hands were shaking, I tried to hold them as close to my body as possible.

"I am pretty sure you will be just fine, Y/N"

"How do you know my name?" My eyes widened. Now it was obvious that I was in serious danger. The man I had to eliminate all this time knew about my plan.

"Don't play stupid" He moved his hands towards his face and eventually took off the mask.

"No, it can't be..." I whispered out of fear.

"It is a pleasure to finally see you again, my lil sister"