A sweet dinner and the man

"How dare you!" A shout was heard from the afterlife immigration office. " You dared to forget your position and killed a human?" Taluipa asked Lee Yeon. "Ah, that shaman? She only looked okay on the outside. She was about to die soon" He defended. "Soon or not, she was not on the list of the dead!" She shouted. "It was clearly and emergency" he said. "Your punishment has been decided on already. Just what wer you thinking...."I'll take any kind of punishment. So don't show that you're worried sick about me." He interrupted her. "Is it because of that girl?" Taluipa asked sternly. Yeon looked away. "Did you really find her?" She asked.
After the shaman incident, while y/n was sleeping. Lee Yeon used his magic to find if she she had the fox marble.
"But she didn't have the fox marble I gave her" he narrated. " You must've been mistaken" taluipa said walking towards her desk. Yeon put his hand on his chin in thought and said " but she's so much like her to say I was mistaken. That face. That voice. And the secret of that thing that was covering Ah eum until just before her death.". "You should stop here" taluipa advised. "What does that mean?" He asked. "Human and foxes cannot be together. Your obsession will bring calamity. Both to you, and that girl, who was born again." She warned. Lee Yeon spoke after a while "I'm not asking for anything big" . She folded her hands and spoke "if so..." . Yeon stood up and said "Even if you live for hundreds or thousands of years, you get to have the happiest time of your life. The brightest, the most joyful time" he opened her bookshelf and continued " you liked the 1980's. Because you found your hobby at that time.". He took out a book and continued " When leslie Cheung died, you drank makgeolli night and day for three days in a row. ". "So?" Taluipa asked looking away. "That moment was everything for me, too" Yeon had flashbacks of all the happy moments he spent with Ah eum(y/n). "That short time when she was alive" Yeon said. "Even if she was born again, she's not that girl from the past anymore" taluipa said trying to explain it to him. "I don't care....I just want to see her experience happiness and sadness in her life and grow old, like the others do. And in order to do so, there's something I must do" Yeon said with determination in his eyes. Before taluipa could say something, Yeon's phone rang, he motioned for her to keep quiet with a panicked look on his face. He picked up the call and greeted her .
"Hey , what are you doing?" y/n asked. "Well, I'm about to eat" he responded. " Is the food served?" She asked. "It is, why?" He asked. "Return it. Untouched " she spoke. "What are you saying?" Yeon asked confused. "I'm saying you should eat with me" y/n explained. Yeon's eyes widened, he cut the call and said to taluipa "old hag, let me go eat a meal" , without waiting for her reply he began walking but she shouted "hey!! Do you think the criminal act of the world of the dead is a joke?". "I didn't even have a sip of water today!" Yeon whined like a child. "This is the last extenuation you're going to get. Come back before midnight " she said. "Ah, did you see anyone suspicious leaving that island?" He asked her. "My thousand mile eyes aren't your black box! " she yelled annoyed. "I knew you'd say that. How can you not tell me, even for once?" Yeon said and walked away.

Lee Yeon walked to y/n's(ji ah's) house , he rang the bell . y/n ran down excitedly and opened the door. "Hi" she greeted, he greeted her back. "Come in" she said. He looked at her confused. "Ji ah's not home, she has a buisness trip" , y/n explained. "Okay " he said and came inside.
She took him to the dining room, he looked at the food and wow ed, "by any chance...." He asked her. "Yes, I made them. Don't worry , it doesn't taste bad and I definitely didn't poison it. I'm pretty much good in almost everything " y/n said. "You're not good at the most important thing " he commented. "Modesty didn't put the food on the table, you know. And it's very neat coming from you". "Hey" Yeon said faking being offensive. "By the way, what are you hiding behind you? It looks like a bouquet." y/n said trying to see it. He denied it. She outstretched her hand and said " submit it confidently.". He handed what was in his hand to her and it wasn't a bouquet, y/n chuckled uncomfortablely and commented "it's not a bouquet of flowers. It's a bouquet of mugwort". Yeon nodded and said " I have to repay kindness if I eat it as free food, but that's too bothersome. Well, do you like it? Okay, well, I'm sitting here." He said pulling out a chair and sitting on it. "Wow" she said sarcastically. "Huh? Your creation is robot like, without any ups and downs" Yeon commented. "This is quite a new gift. Do I have to put it in a vase, or eat it?" She said with fake confusion. "Mugwort was the first plant to grow on the land destroyed by nuclear bomb, where not even a single blade of grass grew. Isn't it just like you?" He asked. y/n chuckled lightly and said "I totally love it", petting Yeon's head. Yeon jerked his head back and asked "what are you doing?". "You know, animals love to be pet on their heads, atleast my dog does " y/n said. Yeon was reminded when young ah eum did the same thing. He watched as y/n put the mugwort in a vase. She opened all the food items and sat down, she watched as Yeon took a bite. "It's delicious!" He exclaimed. " Have two bowls, then" she suggested. "By the way, why did you suddenly change genres?" He asked. "You know, humans tend to feed someone they want to thank. You saved me,but the only way I could think of to repay you was this ordinary meal" y/n said with a sad smile. Lee Yeon smiled softly and said "It's special enough. To me today, at least", y/n's smile instantly brightened up.
Lee Yeon was looking at the photos of ji ah and her parents, ji ah and y/n which were near the television. "Speaking of which,why did you come and live with Ji ah?" Yeon asked y/n, who brought him a cup of coffee. "After her parents and my brother's disappearance, everything changed you know. I managed to push and start a new chapter but ji ah...she was never able to live so openly and find new people. " y/n explained softly. "She must've been lonely in this big house" Yeon commented. "That's why I came here , to let her know she's not alone and there will be someone to call family", y/n said. "Your brother must've been a nice person"he said. "He was, he should've left me when I was young too. If he did, Maybe I would have felt less pain and live a better life?"she asked to nobody in particular and tried to stop herself from crying by wrapping her arms around herself and rocking herself back and forth. Lee Yeon was reminded of the way ah eum used to calm herself down in this exact way. "This helps me stop crying. It's like a magic spell my brother told me when I was small, after we lost our parents." y/n explained to him. Yeon came and sat on the sofa and promised her softly "you will find your brother. I will make sure you do. Live the rest of your life perfectly. In a boring and well, heartwarming way, like the others". "By any chance, that first love you mentioned...."-wake up from your dreams" he interrupted her. "My first love was like a lotus blossom " he said. y/n rolled her eyes and jumped beside him and said "Yeah! I'm a weed! I'm a mugwort that survived through a nuclear bombing! Okay?". "You grew up well for a weed"yeon comments causing y/n to laugh.

Lee rang entered a man's house. The man was touching the leaves of a plant which was in his living room. "Thank you for your help on Eowhado island" the man said bowing to rang. "Your welcome" he said sitting on the couch, he continued"the one who saved me from dying from being stabbed by Lee Yeon..."
The Lee rang who was almost dead suddenly sat up, a man was sitting beside him smiling.
"That was you, wasn't it?" He asked. Lee rang looked down at the man's hand , on it a fox fire like ring was on. "That too, is all a connection" the man said. "How's the baby doing?" Rang asked. "They're asleep " he responded. "You're amazing too. How could you serve that thing for 600 years, so dedicated?" Rang asked. "Because I'm human. A normal human, who can't live for 100 years, but struggles to avoid death" he said. Lee rang touched a fruit of the plant in the living room and taunted"not many of those who got longevity through the power of this world had a happy ending...Now, what are you going to do?". "I must feed them, put them to sleep and wait until they grow big" the man responded. "I'll look forward to it" rang said. As rang stood up ready to leave, the man said "when the main character finds his lover and falls in love-"the tragedy of the past repeats itself "rang continued smirking.

Hey guys, that's it for today. Hope you all enjoyed.

Saranghae