Lee Rang's Past

Third person pov

Lee Yeon was sitting opposite to his brother with his spoon in his mouth, arms crossed while rang ate his icecream. " Why does it have to be this place?" Yeon asked him. " I'm curious because you're always here", he responded. Lee Yeon rolled his eyes. " Give me a bite of that mint chocolate chip icecream. " Ugh, don't touch it!", Yeon shouted , removing the spoon from his mouth. Rang who had already scooped a spoonful put it in his mouth, " Ugh, it's like eating chocolate with pain relief spray. Why do you eat such a thing? ", he exclaimed. " I played with you enough, so tell me", Yeon said. " Tell you what?", Rang asked. " Where did everyone who lived in that island go to?" He asked rang. " Why should I care? You're not interested in if they're alive or dead , either ." , Rang said nonchalantly. " I'm sure one of them wasn't human ", Yeon revealed. " Well, I did hear rumours about it. That something interesting is sleeping in a well in the mountain behind the village ", rang said. " What is it?", Yeon asked him. " Why? Are you worried that it might be that thing? The snake that split you and that woman up", rang taunted. " I killed that thing already ", Yeon said. " Life doesn't always go the way you want it to go", rang commented . " What does that mean?", Yeon asked. " I don't know. But I can tell you this one thing for sure. your woman will die early in this life as well ", rang said.

" Have you ever heard of the vanishing phenomenon?" y/n asked.
(Vanishing phenomenon: a phenomenon in which people or object vanish without a trace)
" Vanishing? Like disappearing?"pyo jae hwan asked. " It's a phenomenon in which people vanish like they disappear into thin air ", y/n explained and then turned the laptop towards him. " A similar case occurred on an island in North Carolina, U.S.A.  In 1950, all residents of this island went missing. Household items and valuables all remained untouched. Only the people were gone", she explained.

"Why are you so twisted?", Yeon asked. " You abandoned the forest to have romance of the century", rang replied. " Six hundred years have passed since then. ", Yeon said angrily. " And I've been cursing you for all those years", rang said. Yeon sighed and stepped closer and asked" What do you want me to do?". Rang stepped closer too and said " there's only one way to stop me.", He pulled out a sword and said " kill me, now... With your own hands.". He grabbed Lee Yeon's hand so that he was also holding the sword." I said, kill me. Like when you came to hunt me that time", rang said.

Flashback

Lee Rang was mercilessly killing the villagers of a village, slashing them with his  sword. He walked to one of the villager who was still alive but injured, " please don't kill me, please", the villager begged to rang but rang stabbed him with his sword. He heard a voice call his name from behind. Rang turned towards the voice and saw Lee Yeon standing there, rang tearfully whispers Yeon's name and asks him if it's really him, yeon nodded. Rang ran to him and grabbed his shoulder, crying in happiness from seeing him  and expressing his sadness and worry for Yeon. He then hugged him tightly, crying how much he missed him. He pulled away and asked tearfully " why didn't you come  to pick me up?". Yeon petted rang's head and replied " I did. I went to pick you up, but I couldn't find you. I lost you". " After you left, humans set the mountain on fire. I was going to wait for you there, but it was so hot and scary", rang narrated tearfully. " Is that why you killed these people? Even the innocent ones?", Yeon asked. Rang pointed towards the bodies and replied "they're guilty just by living and breathing. I swept an entire village away just now. They were kneeling and begging me to spare them". " I see, My brother who couldn't even pass by an injured puppy, has changed like this,", Yeon said. " Join me in this, Yeon. Let's show those humans who we are", rang invited him. After a few seconds, Yeon called out rang's name, yes replied rang. Yeon stepped away from him and said tearfully " hold...hold your sword". " What are you talking about, Yeon?", Rang asked confused. " It's the order from the ten lords of the world of the dead". Yeon pulled his sword and spoke tearfully " Lee Rang has killed numerous innocent lives, so he will pay for his sins with his life today ". He then slashed rang with his sword . Lee rang fell to the floor.

Back to the present

Lee Yeon just stood shocked , rang took the sword back and  asked heartbroken " You're a total bastard. You abandoned your brother because of a woman, and you betrayed your brother for damn performance? Racking up mileage and having that woman be born  again is all you care about, huh?". Rang lifted his shirt to show the scar caused by Yeon and continued "I was lucky because it missed the critical point. If I died at that time, I would be in boiling Hell right now.". Lee Yeon had tears in his eyes. " Why? Can't you do it twice?" Rang taunted him. When Yeon didn't respond, he continued "I said, kill me. That's the only way for your women to live." Yeon looked at him and said "Yeah, dying early may be better than living a reckless life", he took out his knife, seeing this rang smirked and said"Do it". Lee Yeon ran towards him, like he was going to stab him in heart. Rang gasped from the impact , but when he looked down he was shocked to see the knife handle hitting his chest and the blade in the opposite direction. Yeon stepped away. "Why? Why can't you do it?", Rang screamed at him. Yeon threw the knife away and said "don't act like an abandoned kid. You're not a kid anymore" , saying this he began walking away but Rang picked up the knife and slashed him in the arm and angrily said "I can do it too ", he slashed him in the arm again and said " but do you know why I'm holding it in? Because I want to see how you would react when that woman dies again infront of you". "Even if you act evil, I know this is not who you truly are", Yeon said to him. " What?" Rang asked confused. Yeon simply said bye and walked away.

" Anyways, please don't publish about this for a while" pyo jae hwan request y/n. " I'll make sure to delay  handing the report. It's not me you have to worry about but the families of the missing. I'm pretty sure they won't keep quiet", y/n said. "There are none." He revealed. "What?" y/n  asked confused. "They don't have any families, relatives or friends ", pyo jae hwan elaborated. " All 41 of them?", y/n asked. " All of them. What's even more uncanny is that they weren't native to that island", he said. " Then?", she asked. "They moved as a group in 1950s. On the same day, by the same boat ", he revealed. 'wtf' y/n muttered under her breath.

Shin Joo poured a cup  of alcohol to Hyeonujong. " Do you know how it feels to live with my boss?" He asked, after gulping the drink, he looked at shin Joo and advised " Shin Joo, I advise you not to get married". Shin Joo chuckled shyly and and said " I don't even have a mate yet". " Marriage is like an own goal for men. Keep that in mind", Hyeonujong said . " Your brother in law is the king of the dead, so it's more like a winning goal" Shin Joo said excitedly. " Who do you think you are to judge that? You're the judge of my life, you brat!" He yelled, poor Shin Joo flinched and looked down. " Come on! Why are you picking on innocent shin Joo?" The snail bride said, putting the tray of food on the table. "Snail bride, you should not get married, either. Keep living as a widow forever", Hyeonujong said, the snail bride chuckled and sat down. "Why are you saying such a terrible thing?" Shin Joo asked. "You little.." Hyeonujong glared , shin Joo looked down. "I would've attacked first only if you weren't the brother in law of the king of the dead", the snail bride said. "By the way, how did you two meet?" Shin Joo asked curiously. "It was kind of a crime." Hyeonujong started. The snail bride looked at Shin Joo confused, he too looked confused. "I was taking a bath in a valley a long time ago, and my wife was peeing" Hyeonujong narrated with no emotion. The snail bride couldn't help and started laughing and asked "it was love at first sight, huh?". "Correct. I have a really nice figure with my clothes off" he replied. "Ah, wait.wait. So your wife asked you out first?" She asked. "I got kidnapped that night. She covered my head with a sack and carried me on her back." He said. As the snail bride said Shin Joo gasped, "huh?" He asked. "She sat me down and said... Want to live with me, or go to hell? Want to sleep with me, or go to hell?.. So I slept with her." Hyeonujong said and started weeping.

Hey guys. That's it for today. I'm sorry for the late updates. We crossed 20K views, let's go!!!🎉🎉🥳🥳 Hope you guys enjoyed.

Saranghae