the direction of ghosts

Third person pov

y/n was recording the empty village houses. She noticed the ' dragon king ' painting in every house and that everything was left untouched even their belongings. She came outside and went to Lee Yeon and asked" what about the bathroom?". " He's gone", Yeon responded. " Huh?" y/n asked confused. " The corpse from yesterday is gone" he responded, he looked around and continued " it became a deserted island overnight." , " They weren't taken  away by force. There's no trace of resistance or hesitation ", y/n said. " I guess they went on a tour as a group, too "Yeon shrugged. " With corpses?" y/n asked sarcastically, " they didn't take their belongings, like wallets or bags. Only their bodies disappeared "she continued. Yeon just nodded, " where the hell did they go?" she asked confused .

" they're gone?" Detective baek shi woo asked y/n. " All 22 households, and all 41 villagers?"he asked just to confirm. " Okay, I'll request backup so call me if you find anyone dead or injured" he said . " Okay" y/n said and cut the call , giver the phone back to Lee Yeon.
She saw Yeon looking at something and asked him what he was looking at. He pointed at it and asked" those things,since when have they been there?". The long bamboo sticks with white cloth attached on the top near the sea. y/n and Yeon went near them, y/n saw the dead crows ad she was a little disgusted. " They say that bamboo sticks attract ghosts. Is that true?" she asked him. " They're hollow on the inside. They're  perfect guesthouses for the lost dead ones", he replied. " By the way, doesn't this look like a path has been made here?" y/n asked coming to stand beside Yeon.
"Path of the dragon king ", he responded. " Ah! I saw it when I visited Jeju Island for a folk festival ", y/n nodded in understanding, she looked at him and asked " It's a path to welcome the dragon king, right?". " It is, but the direction is wrong", replied Yeon. " Now I noticed, it's made towards the southwest direction", y/n said. " The direction of ghosts, it's the direction in which vile things go in and out.", Yeon revealed. (The direction of ghosts: a direction in which vile things go in and out in shamanism ) . " So, it means what they were trying to welcome through this door isn't the real dragon king", y/n said.

Hyeonujong was on a call with somebody,  they were short on shroud robes for the dead and he asked if they could be shipped at dawn today. Taluipa came down the stairs, her face showing distress, Hyeonujong immediately cut the call and went to his wife. " How did it go?" He asked her . " How could such calamity take place?"she said to herself. " Are you sure it's that very imoogi from that time? And you can't even see where it went?" He asked her. ," Did it use a paper talisman? It hid itself completely ", she said. "Shouldn't we let Lee Yeon know about this,at least?", He asked her. She looked at him angrily and said " stop creating a fuss. Lee Yeon must not know." " Oh, but still..-Shut up" she interrupted him. He quickly shut up and went away. Taluipa say on her chair and  thought is this why? Is this why I couldn't see Lee Yeon's future at all?

Lee Yeon and y/n came across pyung hee. " Uh.. I heard a weird sound at dawn yesterday", she said. " What kind of sound?" y/n asked her. " It sounded like a baby crying", she responded. Yeon and y/n looked at each other, Yeon then looked at pyung hee and said " tell us more". " It was slightly past 2:00am. I was thirsty, so I woke up. I thought it was a  stray cat at first, but it wasn't. I'm sure it was a baby crying ", she narrated her story. " But there aren't any pregnant women on this island ", y/n said confused. Pyung hee nodded and said" All the ladies were over over 70". " What time was it?" Yeon asked. " It was 2:40am",  pyung hee responded. " Are you sure?" He asked again. " Yes. The clocks stopped. The wall clock and the desktop clock", she answered. " My watch stopped, too", y/n said, she looked at her watch and said " it's 2:40, just like the others". " It's the hour of the ox. The time when the door to the world of the dead opens", Yeon said after a thought. ( The hour of the ox: From 1:00 am to,3:00 am). " What the hell was born overnight?" y/n asked looking around.

" Happy Birthday, dear yu-ri! Happy Birthday to you!" Sang her 'parents' , as yu-ri clapped and blew out the candles. Her 'parents' wished her happy birthday and gave her , her presents. Her 'dad' bought her a new car and her ' mom' bought her a beautiful bracelet, she thanked them. They began eating. " My daughter, when are you going to get married?" Her ' dad' asked her. " Yu-ri is still too young ", her  'mum'  said.  " Twenty-four isn't young ", her 'dad' said. " She's 25", her 'mum' said to him. Her 'dad' got lost in his thoughts and replied after a few seconds" No, she was 24". " Dad , did you get dementia?" Yu-ri asked him. " That accident happened when she was 24...when she was a senior in college?", Her 'dad' thought out loud. " What accident?" Her 'mum' asked. "Yu-ri went trekking in Nepal, and fell and died"her 'dad'revealed.
" Oh, come on, what horrible thing are you saying?" Her 'mum' scolded him. " No, I definitely checked her dead body at the time", her 'dad' said. " Dad, I told you to forget all those useless memories, right?" yu-ri said . " Who..who are you?" He stuttered.

Lee Yeon and y/n came out of a digital appliances store. " Why are you buying me a phone?" y/n asked him confused." The one who stole your phone happened to be my brother, so It's not a favour. I'm buying it as a moral responsibility. " Yeon replied as he was doing something on the phone, " Stick to the 48 month contract, and you pay the for the breach of contract. I installed an app on it, so you don't answer calls from strange numbers and my brother. ", he continued handing her the phone. " Oh, you are hidden IT master", y/n complimented. " It's not easy to keep that old analog sentiment ", Yeon said. y/n looked at him confused, he continued " last year, I got a call from the Seoul Central district prosecutor's office. Some jerk dared to steal my identity ", Yeon told her angrily.  "Was it voice fishing?" She asked him trying to hide her laugh. " I lost $20,000 and I ripped the ears of that jerk who took my money, but it's not enough. I can't sleep at night "Yeon ranted. y/n couldn't hold in her laughed anymore and started laughing, Lee Yeon looked at her unimpressed. She outstretched her hand to give him the phone and asked" how about you punch it in?" . He looked at her confused. "Your number. You told me to not answer strange numbers", y/n explained. " Didn't you dig into my personal information already?", Yeon asked raising his eyebrow. " I couldn't finish the interview from last night, and since I started to dig into you, Id like to dig deeper", she said. He looked at her for a few seconds, took the phone and said" nice. And your personality is consistent ". " I get cursed due that  a lot", she muttered. Taking the phone, y/n smiled at Yeon and said " well then, see you again". She walked away, leaving Yeon staring at her.

Ki yu-ri stood up from the table and walked to her 'father' and said " it's me. The one you love most in the world". He was hypnotised, yu-ri grabbed his face and was about to crush it when a hand grabbed her wrist, she looked up and saw Lee rang , he smiled at her and shaked his head in a no. Yu-ri pulled her hand away. Lee rang stepped forward and bent to meet his eyes, one of his eye was golden colored, " what was your wish again?" , He asked. " I wished my daughter yu-ri could come back to life", her father replied. " And I granted that wish for you ", rang said, he then motioned towards yu-ri and asked " who is she?". " My daughter, ki yu-ri. She's 25 and she will inherit my department store. ", he replied. Rang snapped his fingers and said " okay, you guys can go now". Yu-ri's parents stood up and walked out of the door. Rang sat where her father was previously sitting and yu-ri went back to her chair and said " lord Lee rang, I missed you ". " Did you meet the vet guy?" He asked her. " Ahh, yes", she replied digging into her bag. " How was he?" He asked her. " He's a lot cuter than I thought", she replied putting shin joo's necklace on the table. " He was totally scared when I showed him a gun", she continued. " You keep that", rang said motioning towards the necklace, " he'll come to get it back when it's time ", he continued as yu-ri took the necklace back. " What if he comes? Can I kill him?" Yu-ri asked him. " Yu-ri, do you know when manila clams tastes the best ?", He asked her, taking one from a plate. " I don't know ", she answered. " When peach blossoms bloom. That's when their shells harden and their meat becomes juicy . If you want to get good ingredients, you have to learn how to wait", rang explained, yu-ri nodded in understanding. " Play with him with all your might, okay? He is also a thing Lee Yeon treasures" rang said. Yu-ri replied with a yes. Rang stood up to leave, " huh? Where are you going?", Yu-ri asked confused. " Lee Yeon must be dying to see me now. I have to go greet him", rang replied.

Hey guys. That's it for today. Hope you guys enjoyed.

Saranghae