Chapter 51

Lillian's POV

The days got easier knowing Amelia was now gone for good. The pain she had left behind became a little more bearable as the days passed by. It took some time, but soon enough, the day came that I knew it would be the last. For the first time in awhile I felt truly happy since... well since I first heard her name.

My love for Devin was strong, and I knew without a doubt that he loves me with the same passion. I couldn't have asked for anything better than to find myself by his side when I needed him most. We were soulmates after all. My mind drifted to the days we used to spend together before moving here. Before hearing her name. I wanted that time back, the man who once scared me but showed me that gentle side of his possessiveness.

I miss the days when I could go out for breakfast and dinner at the diner with him like any other normal couple. The days where I could walk in silence beside him just enjoying the feel of being near him. The days when the mere sight of him calmed my nerves. Those days were far from gone. Now it just left me alone, feeling empty inside.

Devin changed, I knew he hated himself for all that had happened to me and for what Amelia had done. I tried to convince him differently, but he wouldn't listen. He was convinced that this was his punishment. But that wasn't fair. He did all he could to protect me. I just wanted my mate back.

I walked down the stairs feeling fully rested for the first time in a long time. I was determined to bring normalcy back to our pack, to bring the flair back to the bond. I stopped on the stairs looking out into the Living room, nobody sitting there as they normally did, it saddened me. Shaking my head, I had a great thought. Running back up the stairs, I went to the walk-in closet and grabbed the flowered sun dress Devin bought for me back in my old pack. Smiling, I put it on and did up my hair in a bun, leaving a few strands hanging cupping my face. I reached for the make-up bag but shook it off remembering that Devin hated when I wore it. He always told me that I never needed any for I was naturally beautiful. I gave myself a once over, and walked down the stairs. Heading to the kitchen I sought out Paula. Looking around, I didn't even see my brother which was kinda strange, knowing he usually followed me everywhere.

"Wow. Luna. You look stunning." Paula stated as she walked out of the pantry. "Is there something I can help you with?"

I smiled at her, knowing I would need her help with what I had planned. "Hey Paula, Can I borrow you for a bit?" I asked with a silly grin on my face. She tilted her head to look at me and nodded. "Ahh. I see. What does the Luna have planned?" she states as I heard a commotion coming from the training grounds. Walking over to the door, my eyes widened at what I saw before me. What the hell! I ran out the door heading towards the ground, shifting quickly as I lost control. My anger bubbling over at what I was witnessing before me. My paws hit Paul's back as I lunged towards Gunner. Grabbing ahold of his side, I clamped my teeth down hard. Stumbling in the dirt as I released my grip, looking around at the pack warriors are bloody and bruised. Growling, I stalked over to Gunner, snapping my teeth at him as he growled at my interference.

Shawn stumbled over to Paul, helping him up as I kept Gunner's attention away from them. Leon fumbled forward, as his eyes widened at the sight before him. "Luna! Luna! It's alright. Everything is fine." Shawn stampered out. I wasn't having it, not paying any attention to him, I snarled and snapped at Gunner. "Shift now Gunner, Give Devin back control!" I ordered, my aura washing over the field. I knew it was not going to affect him, but I hoped that he would understand how pissed I was. Gunner was unfazed by my words, as he continued to snap towards me and growl.

Noticing my pack down on the ground, kneeling as my aura washed over the field, I pulled it back. Paul standing up, walking over towards me. Gunner growling at him when he got to close. Gunner started to lunge at Paul's human form, and I rammed my body into his side, knocking him down away from my brother. The thought that he was going to attack my family angered me even more, Paul did absolutely nothing wrong. Lola pressed even harder on the aura. Pushing it at Gunner as forceful as she could. "Give Devin back control now!" I screamed through the link. The pack dropped to their knees, cowering to the ground unable to fight the force of the aura I was pushing out. Gunner whimpered as he too bowed his neck, abruptly shifting back. I pulled my aura back, knowing Gunner was no longer in control. Lola releasing the reins, I shift quickly as I stood there staring at my pack. Devin started to growl knowing I was standing there butt ass naked in front of the entire pack warriors. I raised an eyebrow at him, "Shut it!" I screamed at his outburst.

I look around the field and noticed all the pack warriors looking at either the ground or the sky. I then looked at Devin's naked form, "What the hell were you doing?" I questioned as I looked down at him. He looked torn, almost defeated as my anger washed over him. Paul stood up, removing his torn up shirt and handing it to me. I grab it, slipping it on, as I looked at his chest that was slowly healing. I shook my head, raising my hands up in the air at the nonsense that just happened here. "You warriors that are supposed to be patroling, get back to work. The rest of you, go get cleaned up! There will be no fighting amongst the pack members! I have had enough fighting for a life-time, no need for any more, especially with our own people. You want to train, train. Not bloody kill each other!" I ordered. I turned to walk away from the field, picking up the shards of my dress as I head back to the pack house. As I reached the door, I turned seeing Devin following after me.

Turning around swiftly, I stare at him. "I'm... I'm sorry" he mutters out. I shake my head at him, not wanting to hear his excuses. Clutching the torn up fabric of the dress in my hands, I threw it at him. "I had a wonderful plan worked out today and you had to go ruin it!" I stated as he looked down at the torn up dress. His eyes turned black briefly before looking back at me. He gulped realizing it was the one dress I cherished the most. He walked over to me, reaching out to grab my hand but I pulled away. I didn't want him touching me right now, for I knew I would break and forgive him instantly if I did.

Paula came out with two towels, I grabbed one wrapping it around my body for Paul's shirt hardly covered my naked form from all the ripped holes in it. I grabbed the other tossing it to Devin and walked off back up the steps towards the bedroom.