Chapter 4

Alpha Devin's POV

Heading to Wolfsburg for the meeting I was supposed to be having with their Alpha William, I was a bit early. I seen this cute little diner and figured I could go in and by pass some time. Stepping in the building I noticed that it wasn't what I had expected coming from a small town. The tables were nice, spread along the walls with a bar area for those that eat by themselves. I was not much for socializing with the waiters and kept my distance from everybody.

I found a small booth in the corner and sat down to be waited on when I smelled it. That sweet, intoxicating scent of vanilla and cinnamon. Looking around trying to find where it was coming from is when I noticed her. There was a waitress that looked memorizing. Her long black hair swayed as she walked to clear off the booths. I know she couldn't be of age, for the mate bond was so strong there was just no way to deny it. I knew one day I would find my mate, but I never thought that she would be so beautiful.

"Ma'am, can I get a menu please" I blurted out to get her attention. Anything to bring her over to me so that I may view her beauty more clearly. "I'll be right with you" she replied with such a lovely voice that I wanted to hear more of. I sat and watched as she waited on the other tables, taking in her tiny frame. I could tell she felt something towards me, as she tried everything to stay away from my presence. "Here you are sir." She stated as she placed the menu on the table in front of me. She backed away slowly as she pulled out her notepad to take my order. I never even looked at the menu, memorized by her beauty. I just spoke the first thing that came to mind. "I'll just have a coffee for now."

She turned to retrieve my coffee when the other waitress walked up to her with a slight smile. I strained to hear the conversation, but they were just too quiet. After a few minutes she returned with my coffee in hand, placing it in front of me on the table. She was getting ready to leave when I reached up and grabbed her arm. I don't know what I was thinking; I wanted her to stay. She turned around with her eyebrows raised and looked at me with concern. "Yes, Can I help you sir?" She muttered as she took notice of my hand, still holding her arm. ""I'm ready to order." I stated as I slowly rubbed my hand across her arm, trying my best to control myself. I didn't want to frighten the girl, but I wanted her to stay. Thinking of anything that I could do to bring her back and make her spend time with me, I came up with a plan. "I will take 2 of your breakfast specials, with a large orange juice." I thought to myself, maybe if I get her over to sit and eat breakfast, I could discover a little more about her.

I could see that the other waitress was a good friend of hers. Every chance they got they started talking quietly by the bar. I just wish I could hear what they were talking about. I just sat there staring at that gorgeous woman, whom the moon goddess has blessed me with. How could I be so lucky. While I sat there staring, I took in all those features that took my breath away. I noticed her hips sway with each step she took, and how quiet and shy she actually was. After a while she returned to the table, placing the plates on the booth. She went to turn, and walk away, but before I could stop myself, I grabbed her hand again. She turned looking at me, agitated as if I was some annoying customer. "I took the liberty of ordering you breakfast. Come and sit down with me." I smiled softly at her, hoping to ease the tension that was building. I knew she was desperate to get away and avoid me, but I wanted her close. "I am working sir. I just cannot stop and sit with you." she stated in a blunt tone, almost annoyed at the question I asked.

I waved down the other waitress to see if she could fill in for her so that I may adore her beauty. "Ma'am, my name is Alpha Devin. Would you mind taking over this young girls shift for a few so that she may sit and eat breakfast?" I asked the waitress. I had a feeling that she would, but I didn't want to cause a burden. "Here is some extra cash for the inconvenience, if you would be willing to take over her shift for an hour." I stated as I pulled out my wallet to hand her some extra cash. I knew from stories that my grandmother had told me, that waitresses work harder than most and never get paid what they should. I didn't want her to feel that her time was not valuable. The lady was friendly as she replied, looking between her friend and I. With a grin, she left. "Come, sit with me." I asked, as I motioned her to the other side of the booth. Pushing the extra breakfast plate towards her and the orange juice, I stared into those brown eyes, "What is your name, beautiful?"