Chapter 15

The bright light hurt my eyes as it shines through the window. Squinting my eyes, to adjust to the light I turned over to find Devin gone. I knew he went to the office, it's usually the only place he goes if he's not with me. I wasn't waiting for him today, so I decided that I would get some work done myself. After getting dressed I walked down the stairs to the front door as I was heading out the door Leon yelled out from across the room "So what are you planning on doing today Luna."

"I need a ride into town." I said to Leon as he strolled over to me. "Is there something that I can get for you?" He asked as he grabbed his keys from the wall hook on the wall. "Yep, you can give me a ride to town, I need to buy some clothes. "

"Not a problem Luna." Leon says as he ushered me out the door. His eyes turned glassy, and I knew he mind-linked Devin to tell him that I was going to town. He shut the door, and I followed him to a dark blue BMW. Leon didn't act like everyone else, he got in the driver's seat and waited till I got in the car myself.

The drive took 25 minutes and my head started to hurt from the music Leon was blaring in the car. We arrived at some department store, and I went straight back to the women's section. Looking around I found some cute pajama pants and grabbed them. Looking for a shirt to match, I noticed this nice black furry top. Holding it up to see if it would fit, Leon walked over with a smile. "PJ's. Really." Leon says as he chuckled. "I take it that the Alpha never bothered getting you some sleepwear?" He continues to chuckle. I looked over at him with a raised eyebrow, god he was such a child.

I walked the isles looking for some nice comfortable outfits when I see Leon hold out this Scooby Doo pajama set. "What? There is nothing wrong with Scooby Doo." He says as he puts it back on the rack. I could just picture a warrior like Leon sitting on the sofa watching cartoons, I chuckled at the thought. In the short time of knowing him, he was a softy. After gathering the rest of my outfits, I walked up to the register, reaching into my purse to pull out the little money I had left from working at the diner, I looked up. Noticing the cashier had already rang them up and bagged them. "How much do I owe you?" I asked as I flicked through the bills in my wallet. "It's already paid for Luna." The cashier said as she hands Leon the bags. I looked at Leon wanting to know what just happened, as he grabbed the bags and smiled. "I'll explain on the way back home, Luna Lillian." He said with a small chuckle.

Walking out of the store, Leon opens the trunk of the car and places the bags in, as he shuts the trunk hood his eyes glaze over. I opened the passenger door and got in, buckling my seat belt, as I waited for Leon. Leon got in the drivers seat and started the car, "Got to head back, your mate is asking for you." He retorts as he drove off down the street heading home.

Seeing the pack house entrance during the day was incredible. I don't know how I missed the 2 guards at the gate, or the huge fountain that was shaped like a wolf in the center of the yard, but I was actually glad to be home. Tye came running out to the car, opening my door for me as Leon grabbed the bags out of the trunk. "Your mate would like a word with you" Tye chuckled. I wondered what could I have possibly have done now.

Walking to the office, I was hit with a familiar scent when I opened the door. I noticed Paul sitting across from Devin with a huge grin on is face. I glanced over at Devin, as I seen him nod letting me know that it was okay to run to him. My feet moved at lightning speed as I crashed into my brother, giving him a huge hug. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I let go. Alpha Devin walked over wrapping his arms around my waist, "Your father apparently didn't believe you when you told him that you were okay. He talked your old Alpha into letting your brother come check on you." Devin said with a chuckle as he kissed the crook of my neck. "Sorry sis, you know how our family is... Dad is persistent. Alpha couldn't deny him after all the years our family has been Beta." Paul said as he shook his head. I laughed as I shook my head in disbelief that my dad would make such a big deal out of it when I told him I was fine. "Are you staying for awhile?" I asked Paul, as I leaned back into Devin's arms. "Sorry, my duty is done. Got to get home. I will make sure that dad lays off of you though." Paul replies as he holds his hand out to pull me in a hug. "You look very happy, and I will try to visit when I can, but a Beta's job is never done." Paul says as he hugs me tightly, lifting me off my feet. "Come, I will walk you out." Devin says as he opens the door. Walking down the hallway, Paul stopped at the entrance and turned around, he glanced at me with a small tear forming in his eye. "I just can't believe my sister, Luna, of the Midnight Valley Pack." Paul says with a smile. "You better protect my sister Alpha Devin." He exclaimed as he glanced over at Devin. "You need not worry about that Beta Paul, after the training she has had, she might just be able to take you." Devin replied with a chuckle. "Yea, right." Paul said with a grin, as he thought I was still a helpless little girl.

When Paul left, Devin walked back to the office as I walked up the stairs to the bedroom. When I opened the door, something wasn't right. The smell was off. I walked in the room looking around when I noticed that Leon must have brought the bags up. The bags laid on the bed, and I reached in to grab them out to hang them when I seen that each one was cut up. "What the Fuck!" I screamed. Turning my heal I ran back down the stairs when I ran smack into Raidon's chest. I fell on my ass, landing on the bottom step. Looking up, Raidon was reaching out to help me up, when he seen the look upon my face. "What??? What happen Luna? Why in such a rush?" He questioned with concern written on his face. "Who has been in the bedroom?!" I retorted loudly not really wanting to go into details.

Tye, and Leon ran around the corner as they heard my voice get higher. Raidon looked shocked and confused at the question I asked. "I said who was in the bedroom?" I repeated even louder. "I took the bags up Luna. I placed them on the bed, then left." Leon answered as he looked at me surprised. "Anyone else been up there?" I questioned as I try to calm down. "No. Why what happened.?" Tye answered as he tried to grab my hand. I was so angry and frustrated and confused that I didn't know my body was trembling. I guess Devin must have felt my anger and fear, for he rushed around the corner with a loud growl escaping his lips. He grabbed me, pulling me close as he let out a small purr. His calling and scent relaxed me enough for me to regain my composure. "What happened my love?" Devin asked as he held me close. I looked up at him, worried. "Someone was in our room. They cut up all the outfits that I had just bought." I said as a tear dripped down my face.

Tye ran up the stairs, barging through the door when all of a sudden I heard a loud growl. "I am going to kill that fucking bitch!" He screamed as he stormed down the stairs a moment later and ran out the door, breaking them off the hinges. "Go with him Ray. Mind link me with updates." Devin orders.