Chapter Fifty Nine.

LIX. Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa anxiety chewed on her thumb nail while she watched Eli and Tory stare each other down at the top of the water slide as if they were about to duel to the death

Odessa anxiety chewed on her thumb nail while she watched Eli and Tory stare each other down at the top of the water slide as if they were about to duel to the death. The two dojos stood on opposite sides of the water. Kyler took the liberty of being the ref. Odessa stood close to Hailey and held her arm, which made Hailey happy that she trusted her enough to touch her. "Y'all ready for this?"  Kyler shouted out. This is to decide the champion of all champions!"

"Oh my gosh, it's a damn water park." Hailey muttered with pure annoyance. "We can't go anywhere these days."

Odessa only hummed in response. Eli and Tory took their places in their tubes and everyone started chanting their names. When Kyler shouted for them to go, the teens slid down the slides. "Come on, Eli!" She found herself shouting. 

"Let's go, Hawk!" Grayson yelled out.

Eli held his breath the entire time. With his friends chanting his name, he was determined to win. He didn't have anything else to prove. He was the All Valley champion. Everyone knew what he was capable of now. But his entire life, he spent it being pushed around and controlled by people like Cobra Kai. Odessa was right. He didn't want to keep doing it anymore. 

But then, he noticed how we was beginning to slow down. "Come on. What the hell!" He shouted to himself and trudged forward on the tube in attempt to go faster. He could feel it deflating from under him.  He made it to the water exactly two seconds after Tory.

"God dammit." Oliver cursed under his breath and gripped his hair.

Odessa sighed and she closed her eyes. Tory let out a loud cheer of self victory and it amped up the Cobra Kais even more. She was about to make her way to Eli when his face twisted in anger.

"What the hell? You guys cheated!" He shouted at Tory while holding up his deflated tube. "There was a hole in my tube!"

Hailey scoffed out loud. "Cause that's all they know how to do!" She shouted sinisterly at the Cobra Kais.

"Boo! Cheaters!" Everyone started yelling out and Tory's excitement fell along with her face. "Cheaters! Cheaters! Cheaters! Cheaters! Cheaters!"

Odessa went to help Eli out of the water but he trudged his way up the stairs in anger. "Eli, wait—"

He ignored her and stormed up Kenny. "Hey, dipshit.  I know this was you." He sneered.

"What are you gonna do about it?" Kenny said and got in his face.

He only smirked. "Not strike first if that's what you think. You don't have the balls to anyway."

"Eli, leave it alone." His girlfriend said from behind him.

Kenny's lip curled into a chuckle and he started to walk away, but quickly turned back and swung his fist at him. Eli leaned back and dodged it with no hesitation. "Is that all you got?"