Chapter Fifty One.

LI.                                                Heartbreak Weather

                                                Heartbreak Weather

      The next couple of fights that happened blurted together. All Odessa could think about was her upcoming fight. She was sickly nervous. Hailey won her right which put her higher on the board. During another break, Odessa spotted Kenny standing by himself. She she made her way over to talk to him, Robby walked up to him as well, and their eyes met. Kenny smiled at her. "Hey, Odessa."

"Hey, Kenny," she replied with a small smile, suddenly feeling awkward. "I just wanted to come wish you good luck. You've been doing amazing."

"You have." Robby nodded, agreeing with her. "The fact that you've made it this far at your age is a huge deal."

Kenny smiled at him, thankfully. "Well, I owe it all to you. You changed my whole life. But don't think i'm going easy on you, old man."

Both Robby and Odessa chuckled. "Okay, wiseass." He laughed at him.

Kenny gave Odessa wave and another smile before jogging off, leaving the two standing in front of each other. "Well, good luck out there." she smiled timidity before turning around.

"Odessa, wait." Robby stopped her. She turned back around slowly. "I just want to say i'm sorry about what I did. I was only thinking about revenge and not about how my actions could hurt others. I didn't think about how much it would affect you. So, I'm really sorry. I really want to start over."

She didn't say anything at first. What she wanted to say was that she wasn't the one he should be apologizing to. She wanted to hate him forever for what he did to Eli. Maybe a part of her did. But if her mom taught her anything it was that hatred was a poison that'll slowly kill you if you don't treat her. She could never hate anybody. She didn't have to forgive him. She could just be civilized. Smiling, she held her hand out. "Hi, I'm Odessa Beaumont."

Robby's smile matched hers and he shook her hand. "I'm Robby Keene."

Odessa stood on the side with her team as she watched Robby and Kenny meet in the middle on the mat. By the way they were fighting, she could tell Robby was going easy on him. Miguel noticed it, too. "Why is he going easy on him?" He asked her.

"I think he really likes this kid." Odessa replied with a small nod.

Kreese also noticed he was going easy when Kenny hit him in the chest and gained a point. He called Robby over for a time out. Odessa couldn't understand what they were saying but she saw something in Robby shift. His expression darkened in a way that gave her chills. She didn't like where it was going and she was honestly worried for Kenny.

When the fight started again, Robby kicked Kenny in the face, causing Odessa to jump back into Miguel out of shock. Kenny groaned and got up from the mat and looked at him in disbelief. The fight continued and Kenny dodged another kick to the face until Robby punched him, knocking him to the mat again.