Chapter Fifty Five.

LV.                                                 Heartbreak Weather

      Whenever someone in the core four texts in the group chat to meet at their usual spot, you always go

Whenever someone in the core four texts in the group chat to meet at their usual spot, you always go. And you get there quickly. And usually when it involved Odessa, it was pretty important. After suffering through an anxiety attack alone in her bedroom, she decided it was time to come clean to her friends about her dad. She was mainly worried about Oliver, for he had been through it all. He resented Christian just as much as anyone else.

The three friends walked into the restaurant together and saw Odessa sitting at a table alone. "We got your message, blondie. What's up?" Grayson announced and they sat down.

"Yeah, what did you need to tell us?" Followed Oliver.

"Let's order first. You might want to be full for this."

They ordered their food and while Odessa was watching them eat, her stomach twisted in knots. She was beyond nervous. The spent the whole morning debating on if telling them was the right idea. Her dad went back to his apartment and her mom didn't ask her any questions on what happened yesterday. Not that she minded. She didn't want to talk about it anyway.

But she told her friends everything. They were her safety net. That didn't stop her from fidgeting with everything on the table because it was one of her nervous tics.

Grayson sipped his almost empty Sprite. He burped out loud. Hailey gave him a grossed out look. "Excuse you." She said with a scoff.

"Okay, Dess. What's up?" Oliver asked his friend.

They stared at her expectingly. Odessa popped each of her fingers individually and then they latched around the hair tie on her wrist, which was red from her constantly snapping it all day. "Uhh. . ."

Hailey noticing her jittering. "Is this about Miguel? Is this about Miguel? I promise, Dess, he's gonna come home any day now."

Odessa shook her head. "No,  it's. . . it's not about Miguel." They continued to stared at her which made her even more nervous. "Okay, um. . . after the tournament, mom and I went home. Carmen called and told us that Miguel had left to go to Mexico. I freaked out about it and I felt like I was having a panic attack so I went outside and. . ." She paused when she realized how fast she was talking. "My dad's back."

All of them went stiff. Hailey's jaw dropped and she quickly covered her mouth. Grayson and Oliver looked at each other and immediately, he saw the anger flare in Oliver's eyes. "Just like that? He showed up just like that?" Questioned Hailey.

She slightly nodded.

"What the fuck. Why is he here?" Grayson cursed out of anger.

"He said he's been in rehab for the past year. Said he's been trying to find me and mom. Said he was at the All Valley—"