Chapter Forty Seven.

XLVII.                                          Heartbreak Weather

       Everybody noticed the difference in Odessa's attitude the next day at the dojo

       Everybody noticed the difference in Odessa's attitude the next day at the dojo. She was almost glowing. She had more pep in her step. She was more cheerful than she usually was. "Odessa, why do you look so happy?" Hailey questioned.

"I'm just having a good day." Odessa replied with a large smile. She stood with her hands behind her back.

Grayson gasped. "Did you stay up all night watching Teen Wolf season 3 again? I know how you are when Void Stiles shows up."

She shook her head. "No. . . Well, yes, but that's not why i'm in a good mood." She told them.

"Then why are you in a good mood?" Asked Miguel.

Her cheery grin slowly began to drop. "Can I not be in a good mood?" She asked like she was offended

"No, no, no! I love when you're in a good mood!  You're just in an extra good mood today." he quickly implied.

"I'm feeling very attacked right now."

"QUIET!" Johnny shouted and they all stopped talking. "God, y'all give me a headache. Listen up, todays going to be a world of pain." He announced to them all.

The doors of the warehouse opened and a girl came in wearing an Eagle Fang T shirt.

"Everyone fall in! We have a new member joining us today." He motioned to the girl. "Guys, this is Devon Lee. Our new female student."

"Hi. My pronouns are she/her." Devon greeted.

"The only pronouns we accept in the dojo are Sensei and student." Johnny stated cluelessly.

Hailey snorted a laugh. "Just how many of those articles did you actually read?"

"And those are nouns." Odessa pointed out.

Johnny waved his hand at her. "Go back to your bubble of glitter and rainbows, blondie. I think what I meant to say is QUIET!"

Devon flinched and her eyes widened slightly. She quickly went to stand at the end of the lineup.

"Today's lesson is about cheating. At Eagle Fang karate, we don't believe in fighting dirty. Cobra Kai doesn't follow the same rules. So we have to be ready for any dirty trick they throw at us."

"Like when Chong Li threw dirt into Van Damme's eyes in Bloodsport." Devon brought up.

The man looked impressed. "Exactly. Looks like some did their prep work." He praised.

Hailey scoffed to herself. "Oh gosh, she's like a female Demetri."

"And I saw the sequels, too. Not to mention Delta Force, Billy Jack, The Octagon, and Last Dragon. Cynthia Rothrock is a beast."