Chapter Five.

V.                                              Heartbreak Weather

                                              Heartbreak Weather

Warning: Mentions of Sexual Assault

Odessa felt herself growing closer to Eli and she was scared to death. He wasn't afraid of her. He wasn't grossed out by her. He didn't treat her like the school slut. His mood lifted when he was with her. He smiled more. He laughed more. He wasn't as shy as he used to be. Demetri noticed it and her friends noticed it. They were two different people when they were with each other.

But Oliver was cautious. He knew boy's intentions with Odessa. He'd been around long enough to see it all. He was the first person to know about what happened with Joey. He was the first person she told about what happened at the movie theater with Michael Allen. (He put his hand up her skirt and his hand on her breasts. When she said no, he left her at the theater.) Oliver broke his nose and gave him a concussion.

The second time it happened, Odessa told Hailey first. Dalton Vaughn, freshman year, he invited her over to his house (His parents weren't home) and tried to force her to have sex with him. Hailey shoved his face into a glass window until it shattered and he lost a tooth. Oliver beat the shit out of him during a game of football. Grayson almost blew his knee out during a game of soccer.

They weren't just best friends. They were family. You don't fuck with family.

But being around Eli was like being able to breath again. He was a breath of fresh air. Odessa never learned her lesson when it came to boys. But Eli was different. She felt it. He would never take advantage of her, or anyone else. She hoped, anyway.

When she saw Sam in the girl's bathroom, leaning against the sink like she had before, Odessa furrowed her brows. "Sam, are you okay?" She announced herself.

Samantha's cries stopped and she flinched when she saw her. "Odessa, you scared me. It's nothing. I'm fine." She lied.

The blonde stepped closer to her. "You don't have to lie to me, Sam. What's wrong?"

Sam wiped away her tears. "You haven't heard? Kyler's telling everyone that I went down on him in a movie theater just cause I told him to get off me."

She cried again and looked away. Odessa stood there, silently in shock, and nodded her head. "Sound familiar?" She almost laughed.

The brunette's face dropped and she covered her face with her hands. "Oh my god, I feel like such an idiot. I'm so sorry, Odessa—"