Chapter Sixteen.

XVI.                                         Heartbreak Weather

      Oliver's eyes widened like a child when he spotted Johnny standing by his newly improved Challenger

      Oliver's eyes widened like a child when he spotted Johnny standing by his newly improved Challenger. He quickly hopped out of his Jeep. "Holy shit, that's so badass!"

Odessa rolled her eyes lightheartedly at his excitement and she climbed out of the Jeep as well. She passed by the red head gawking at the vehicle and she smiled when she saw Miguel standing outside of the dojo. "Hey, player. Why do you look so down?" She asked and nudged his arm with hers.

He looked at her in sorrow. "Sam still isn't taking to me. . . Do you think I can use your phone to call her?"

Odessa looked over her shoulder and saw a hyperactive Oliver talking to Johnny about his new car and she laughed when the man rolled his eyes when his back was turned. She looked back at Miguel to see him looking at her with desperation. "Okay, yes, but if she blocks my number i'll be pissed at you." She warned him.

She handed him her phone and told him the password. Miguel took it gladly. "Thank you, Dess. I owe you!" He exclaimed and went off to call Sam.

Odessa shook her head and walked in the dojo. Eli spotted her and waved her way. "Babe, come here!"

The girl smiled at Chris and Mitch and furrowed her brows at him. Eli wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pointed to the new kids. "We're trying to think of nicknames for the newbies. I'm thinking Shithead One and Shithead Two." He explained to her.

Aisha shook her head. "I was thinking Mary-Kate and Asshat."

"I was leaning towards Tweedledee and Tweedledumbass." Hailey chimed in with a smirk

"Well, my name's Chris —"

"Did I say you could speak?" Eli raised his voice, making him go quiet.

Odessa laughed and Miguel joined their banter. He handed her back her phone and patted Chris on the back. "Guys, they're just messing with you."

Odessa smirked. "Besides—"

"Everyone knows your names are Assface and Douchebag." He finished and the two of them high fived.

They all laughed while Chris and Mitch started fighting over who got which name.

Odessa put her hand on Miguel's arm. "How did it go?" She quietly asked.

The boy shook his head slightly and his lips turned downward. She patted his arm sympathetically. The chime on top of the entrance door went off and everyone turned their attention to an older man standing there with a duffel bag in hand.

"Who's that?" Eli whispered.

Grayson shook his head and he eyed the man weirdly. "No clue."