Chapter Thirty Two.

XXXII.                                           Heartbreak Weather

                                           Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa was released from the hospital a few days ago. She was sleeping a lot. Thalia was still struggling to get her to eat. Miguel was getting better but he still wasn't walking. Johnny was a complete mess. They were all a mess. Oliver couldn't concentrate to save his life. Not in school and especially not during karate. He groaned in pain when he landed on his back with a hard thud. "Shit." He cursed.

Chris stood above him and reached his hand out. "Hey, man, sorry about that."

He shook his head. "No worries," he groaned again and took the boy's outstretched hand. Chris hoisted him up and they patted each other on the back.

"Oliver, what's going on? You've been distracted for days now." Sam questioned.

He glared at her slightly before sighing. "I know. I'm sorry. I can't stop thinking about Odessa."

"She's still not doing any better?" Asked Demetri.

He shook his head again. "Thalia said she's still not eating. Said she cries every time she tries."

Sam looked incredibly guilty. Demetri patted Oliver on the back, his touch lingering. They did another fight sequence with Chris and Demetri this time. They were beginning to grow exhausted. Demetri threw a hit at him and sent him to the ground, sighing in exhaustion.

"Good. Again." Sam ordered. They all looked at her like she was crazy. "We have to be ready to fight."

Demetri and Chris got in their fighting stance again,  but before they did anything, Sam's mom came outside. "What do you think you're doing?" Amanda shouted.

Oliver's eyes widened. "Uh. . . Would you believe study group?" Demetri said.  The red head closed his eyes.

"Go home. All of you." Amanda demanded.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Oliver replied and grabbed Demetri's hand, dragging him away. All they boys led themselves out of the Larusso's backyard.  He took his keys out of his bag. "So, you want to come over to mine?" he asked and made his way to his jeep.

"Um. I-I don't know." Demetri stuttered.

Oliver paused and turned around. "Why not?"

"Why don't we go to the mall? I hear the new Spider Man comic's in right now." He suggested nervously and rubbed the back of his neck.

He looked at him for a second, head tilted, and stepped closer to him. "You don't want to hang out alone?" He teased him slightly.

Demetri's eyes widened again and he shifted his weight back and forth. "I-I didn't say that—"

"So, what are you saying?" Oliver pressed on, taking more steps closer to him.

He felt his throat go dry. His eyes flickered down to his shoes and back up at him. "I'm not sure what i'm saying, to be honest." He divulged