Chapter Thirty One.

XXXI.                                           Heartbreak Weather

                                           Heartbreak Weather

      Thalia should've caught it sooner. It had been weeks. Weeks since the right, weeks of sleepless nights and nightmares, and yet she still missed the signs. She'd seen this film before and she didn't like the ending. Her daughter was in pain, she would always be in pain, and she needed to find a way to help her. Odessa's heart rate was dangerously low. That's what the doctors told her. She was severely malnourished and dehydrated. Thalia sat by the hospital bed and cradled her daughter's hand in hers. She watched her sleep like she used to when she was a baby. Only this time, her cheeks were sunken and she was hot and cold. The bags under her eyes were blue and purple. She didn't look like herself.

"I'm sorry, baby girl. I'm so sorry you've been going through this." Thalia cried.

"Thalia?" It was Oliver. 

"Sir, you can't be here—"

She held her hand up, stopping the nurse. "No, no, please. This is her brother. He needs to be here." She pleaded.

The nurse looked between them with slight hesitation. Ultimately, she nodded and sent the mother a smile before leaving the room.

Oliver quickly hugged the woman. "I'm sorry thalia. I didn't know what was happening." He blurted out with watery eyes.

"No one did, Oliver. It's okay." Thalia said and rubbed his back.

He looked at Odessa and slowly pulled out of the hug. He sat in the chair and grabbed her limp hand. "Hey, Butterfly." Thalia placed her hands on his shoulders. "You know, sometimes I really hate you. I hate how you're so fucking nice to everyone. How you think everyone's feelings and health are more important than yours. You broke your promise. But let's be honest, you could murder someone and i'd still love you. Because you're my sister." He rambled and wiped his tears.

Thalia wiped her stray tears away.

"I'm not going to judge you. I'm not going over overload you with questions. I'll just be by your side. You're stuck with me for life, unfortunately."

Hailey and Grayson came rushing into the hospital room. She was crying, hysterically. "I'm sorry. I knew what was happening and I didn't say anything. She told me not to." She sobbed.

Thalia quickly walked up to her and cupped her face. "Don't apologize. It's okay. She's okay."

Grayson sniffled and hugged the woman tightly. The teenagers surrounded her in a group hug. These were her kids. They grew up with her and her daughter. She watched them become teenagers, watched their lives change for better and worse. She loved them like they were her own. "I've known all of you since you were kids. I love you so so much. We protect each other. We listen to each other and we don't judge; we guide. So I beg of you, if any of you are struggling with the events that happened, please come to me. I can't handle another phone call."