Chapter Eighteen.

XVIII.                                       Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa spent a lot of time in the Larusso home when she and Sam were friends

      Odessa spent a lot of time in the Larusso home when she and Sam were friends. Her knowledge on karate came from Daniel Larusso. Of course she was no export on the sport but Sam was and she taught Odessa a lot. Daniel's style of karate was very different than Johnny's style. She stood by Grayson and the pair were watching Miyagi Do's demo on the Valley Fest stage. "It just looks like their dancing." He said with no interest.

"I think it's beautiful." Odessa disagreed. She was amazed by their technique. It was calm and collected. Rehearsed. Not forced.

She knew that crashing their demo was pouring gasoline on a fire but she couldn't say no. She was apart of Cobra Kai. Johnny was her Sensei. She had no choice but to abide. When the lights cut off and changed colors, Miguel shouted out their dojo's name and the students came jogging out and into the crowd. "Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!" They chanted.

The huge Valley Fest banner was now branded Cobra Kai. Johnny stood on the stage and smiled proudly at his students. The bright lights and smoke coming from the stage caused everyone watching in the crowd to switch over to their side. When all of his students were on the stage front and center, Johnny turned to them. "Cobras,  show them what real karate looks like!"

The more presentations and fights they did, the crazier the crowd got. Hailey and Odessa grunted as they went back and forth, the lights shining on them. Odessa blocked her hits from her face and chest and she grabbed Hailey's hand. She spun her around and kicked her back which made her stumble to the floor.

Aisha and Eli's board breaking was a crowd pleaser. Oliver's kata and Grayson's nunchuck performance he had been practicing practically won them over. The cheering was crazy. They were preying that Johnny's cement trick would be the perfect ending.

Oliver and Grayson rolled out a table of cement bricks stacked on each other. "Light 'em up,  boys!" Johnny shouted at them.

Grayson poured gasoline on the bricks. Oliver lit the torch and sat them on fire. Johnny watched the flames grow bigger and bigger. Sucking in a deep breath, clearing his mind, he relaxed a loud yell and punched through all of the bricks with a clean break.

"YES!" Shouted Oliver.

It was a perfect ending. "Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!" The crowd started to cheer.

Odessa and Hailey knocked their shoulders against one another out of excitement. With a bright smile, her blue eyes scanned the very large crowd as they praised them. She somehow found Robby's eye from afar and he was watching her. The smile on her face faded as disappointment showed up on his. He walked off with Daniel and Sam and her eyes stayed on the back of his head. She felt Eli reach for her hand and and lift it up in victory.