Chapter Twenty Six.

XXVI.                                              Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa thought she would get to start a new school year with a fresh start

      Odessa thought she would get to start a new school year with a fresh start. Maybe she had a chance to fix her reputation. She was the All Valley champion. That gave her some what of a good name. But now, she had to worry about Hawk trying not to kill Demetri. When she got to school, she saw Miguel standing outside and she smiled. She ran up and hugged him from behind. "Miguel, I've missed you!"

Miguel flinched and laughed. "You just saw me yesterday,  Dess."

She released him and walked around so that she was in front of him. She noticed the somber look on his face. Why do you look so sad? It's the first day of school."

He shook his head. "Tory won't text me back. I don't even think she's reading them."

"Why? Did something happen?"

He paused and she saw him hesitate. "Um. . . No, not that I can think of. It's probably nothing." He shrugged it off.

Odessa hummed. "I can try and talk to her if it helps?" 

He smiled. "Yeah, that would. Thanks, Odessa."

She beamed and patted his arm when she walked away. She spotted her friends standing by the front door of the school. "Thank god, you're all here."

"Hey, girl." Hailey said and wrapped her in her arms.

"Did everything go okay with Robby after the party?"  Grayson asked her.

"He said he took Sam to his dads. I haven't heard anything from him though other than this morning." She replied and checked her phone. Her and Robby's texts were full of messages but he hadn't responded to her recent ones.

"Well, let's go ahead and head in. I told Demetri I'd meet him in the front hall," Oliver said to them.

Odessa tilted her head. "Demetri?"

He nodded. "Yea, Demetri. You know, the tall, lanky boy who thinks math jokes are cool even if they're really not?" He described and headed inside the building.

The friends separated to find their lockers and Odessa put in her combination. She sorted all of her stuff inside and grabbed the things she needed to put in her bag. "Excuse me?" A voice said from behind her.

Odessa grinned while her back was still turned.

"I'm new to this school and i'm looking for a girl. She's got blonde hair and these big and beautiful blue eyes, the most amazing smile. . ." Robby trailed with a smile.

She turned around and flashed her row of white teeth at him. "She sounds pretty amazing." She said with a hum.

"Oh, she is." He confirmed and stepped closer to her. He reached his arm up and placing it above her head.  "Hi." He said with a cute smile.