Chapter Fifty.

L. Heartbreak Weather

      Prom ended way too soon but it was a night they would never forget

Prom ended way too soon but it was a night they would never forget. Especially Oliver, who made sure everyone at the after party knew that he was prom king . He got so drunk than he stripped himself of his tux shirt and jacket and left himself in just the pants, tie, and crown, of course. Odessa would blackmail him with videos of him dancing on Stingray's living room table for the rest of his life.

But today was the day of the All Valley and the lingering happiness of prom washed away for Odessa. Now, all she felt was fear. For two weeks straight, she had been training extra hard. Johnny was teaching her and Miguel the flying tornado kick. He said that her father was one of the only people he knew that was able to master it which fueled her to want to master it. She focused on her other skills as well along with Grayson and Hailey, who were both doing nunchucks.

She stood in the back room with the rest of the Eagle Fangs. She was a nervous wreck. She was pacing back and forth while biting her nails. "Odessa, what did we say about pacing back and forth? We can't afford you or Haikey to projectile vomit right now." Said Johnny.

She stopped pacing and nodded sarcastically. "That's very encouraging. Thank you. Surprised you didn't put it in a card." From the corner of her eye, she saw Miguel sitting on one of the benches leaning his elbows on his knees. She went and sat beside him. "Hey, what's got you down in the dumps?"

He have her a half smile. "Nothing, i'm fine." He lied.

"Did something happen? You were doing fine at prom." She continued.

"Everything's fine, Dess. I swear. Just a little nervous."

She frowned slightly but nodded. She patted his shoulder. Across the room was Devon, who stood by herself and she was clearly nervous as well. Odessa stood from the bench. "You okay?" She asked kindly.

Devon's eyes widened and she let out a fake laugh. "Me? Yeah, absolutely!"

Odessa smiled. "It's okay to scared, you know? I was terrified last year. But I had an amazing team to support me and so do you."

The girl's smile wavered. "What if I mess up? What if I'm not as good as I think I am?"

She shrugged. "Then you try again. There's no shame in making mistakes. You're human and this is your first competition. I'll be cheering for you whatever you do." She uplifted her.

Devon felt her nerves start to go away. "Thank you, Odessa."

Five minutes passed by and they heard Daryl announce Cobra Kai's name, meaning they were next. "And finally, this dojo is making their all Valley debut,  though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. Every year, a new dojo rises up the ranks.  Does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? Please welcome. . . Eagle Fang karate.  Led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence and defending champion, Odessa Beaumont!"