Chapter Thirty Five.

XXXV.                                         Heartbreak Weather

                                         Heartbreak Weather

trigger warnings: mentions of homophobia and f slur

      Odessa ignored Demetri's request for everyone to not help him. He didn't want to feel helpless. But, being the good friend she was, she spent the whole day carrying his stuff for him, including his lunch tray. "Odessa, li'm not helpless, y'know?" He marked after fighting with her.

"You have a broken arm because of my ex boyfriend. The least I can do is help you." She replied with a sigh.

"You know I don't blame you, right? This wasn't your fault." He reminded her.

"I know, but, I just feel like I owe it to you. Plus, you're my friend. I won't let you do this alone. Even if you do have Oliver." She teased at the end, causing him to roll his eyes but he smiled anyway.

Kyler stood in front of them. "That's a lot of food you have there, Odessa. You sure your not going to throw it up later?" He taunted while eyeing the trays of food she was carrying.

His friends laughed in the background and Odessa frowned. She gave him a hurtful glare and scoffed when he snatched the trays out of her hand and threw them away. "Y'know, starving children in Africa would love that food you just wasted."

"Looks like you'll have something to talk to them about."

She lunged at him but Demetri quickly held her back with his good arm. "Hey, hey, hey."

"Hey, what else do you need help with? Want me to sign your cast?" Kyler continued and motioned to Demetri's cast.

Oliver walked over when he saw what was happening. "Do we have a problem here?" He questioned while towering over Kyler.

"No problem here, Benson."

He looked at his friends. "Odessa, Demetri, go sit down." He ordered.

"But—"

"Go!"

Odessa flinched and dragged Demetri away with her. "S-Should I be worried?" He stuttered and looked over his shoulder.

"Yes." She answered with no hesitation. When it came to Oliver and him getting angry, you never went against what he said. He could handle his own but he was also terrifying. The two of them sat with Hailey and Grayson. "Hey, guys."

Hailey gasped. "Thalia told us that you went to In-N-Out the other day. We're so proud of you!" She squealed.

She smiled at them. "Thanks, guys."

From across the cafeteria, Mitch walked with his lunch tray to where Hawk was sitting. When he noticed him, Eli kicked his leg up on the empty chair. "Sorry, party's full."