Chapter Twenty One.

XXI.                                             Heartbreak Weather

                                             Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa was not taking the break up well. Blocking Eli and taking down their pictures in her room did nothing but hurt her more. She felt completely betrayed. But what else was new? This always happened to her. She loved a boy, he told her that he loved her, and then he left her with nothing. What made her think Eli was going to be an exception?

Eli knew he made a mistake. He underestimated how much people loved Odessa. Oliver, Hailey, Grayson, and even Miguel, they were all angry at him. He acted like he didn't care but he cared a lot. He broke her heart when he promised that he wouldn't. And he hated himself for it.

The class sat down on the mats and watched Hawk and Miguel spar in the middle. Odessa looked miserable. Her arms wrapped around her knees and her chin rested on top of them. Miguel punched Eli in the stomach. "Nice work,  Diaz."  Said Johnny. Before they could start again, Mr. Larusso came storming into the dojo. "The hell do you think your doing?"

"Like you don't know." Daniel snapped out of anger.

Everyone stood up from the mat. "Take your shoes off.  You're disrespecting my dojo!" Johnny shouted.

"You're seriously going to talk to me about disrespecting dojos after what you just did to mine?" Daniel questioned and walked on the mat.

Odessa glanced at Hailey, looking confused.

Johnny was equally as confused. "What the hell are you talking about? I didn't do anything to your dojo."

"Just like you didn't slug one of my employees, huh?  You know, part of me actually felt bad for at one point,  but you make it so easy to remember who the bad guy is in all of this," Daniel sneered. "You call yourself a Sensei? You don't even know what a Sensei is. A Sensei mentors. A Sensei elevates. He doesn't teach distraction and disrespect!" His voice gradually grew louder and he became emotional.

"I already said I don't know you're talking, Larusso. And you don't know what you're talking about either." Johnny said darkly and he glared at the man.

Daniel stared back, trying to hide the hurt that he felt in his heart. "You, I know you don't. . . You don't earn the medal of honor by stealing it!"

Odessa felt her heart break when his voice cracked

"Let me tell you something about your Sensei," he continued and looked at all of the students. "He might teach you how to fight but he doesn't know a thing about what it takes to truly win at life. If you want to help yourselves before it's too late, the doors of Miyagi-Do are wide open."

"You think you can come in here and poach my students?" Johnny questioned out of anger.

"I'm not going to lie, that was a great advertisement."  Oliver whispered to his friends.