Chapter Fifty Seven.

LVII. Heartbreak Weather

                                              Heartbreak Weather

"And then she just. . . ended things."

Miguel walked with Odessa and Eli into the waterpark. Sam broke up with him. The deep conversation she had with Odessa at the spa got through to her and she followed her heart. There was nothing wrong with that. But now Odessa had to see her best friend heartbroken. It wasn't a good situation for anybody. "I'm sorry, Mig." She replied to his statement.

"Don't worry about it, man. It's you and Sam. You two always go back to each other." Eli uttered. His hands was interlocked with his girlfriend's and he swung them back and forth.

"I don't know, guys. I think she's pretty serious this time." Miguel went on.

"Sam's going through a lot right now. She just needs some time. All you can do is respect that," Odessa told him gently.

Eli looked down her and smiled to himself. She spoke from experience, an experience that was their own.  Odessa broke up with him because she was going through a hard time. It was painful for him to accept but he respected her wishes and let life take its course.  Now, they were happier than they had ever been.

Oliver waved like a mad man when he saw them enter. Odessa pulled Eli by his hand to the beach chairs. "Hey guys." She said with a smile.

Sam looked up from her book and her expression faltered when she saw Miguel. He quickly looked away from her, trying not to notice. The group of boys did their handshake and Odessa took the seat on the other side of Sam. Eli followed suit.

Miguel stood in front of Sam's chair.b"Um. . . Uh, hey. How you doing, Sam?"

"Hey." She replied awkwardly.

Odessa cringed and glanced at Eli, who did the same.

"I'm, uh. . . yeah. I mean—I'm good," Sam stammered with a nervous smile. "Good. And how about you?"

"I'm cool. I'm good. Yeah."

Oliver watched the interaction painfully. "This is painful." He muttered to himself.

"Uh, is anyone. . ." Miguel continued and pointed to the empty chair beside her.

"Yeah! I mean. . . I mean, no, but. . ." Sam hesitated.  "Yeah, you can—you can go ahead." She stuttered an answer and awkwardly motioned for him to sit down.

He returned the nervous smile and sat down in the chair. Sam went back to reading her book. The two of them didn't make eye contact.

"Okay. . ."nOdessa trailed after the awkward conversation was over. She looked over at Oliver.n"Ol, where's Demetri?"

"He's working." He groaned. "That little shit actually got a job. Now I don't have anyone to watch My Strange Addiction with."

"Dude!" Miguel bellowed and quickly sat up. "Odessa got me into it. It's so fucking weird."