Chapter Seven.

VII.                                           Heartbreak Weather

                                           Heartbreak Weather

      Miguel's friendship with Odessa grew more every day. He liked her friend group. He liked that they actually listened to him about karate. He felt like he belonged at West Valley. She made him feel like he belonged. Odessa came walking into Biology and he smirked at her. "I saw that little moment you had earlier."

Odessa sat at her table, which was in front of him and Demetri, and she turned around with narrow eyes.

"What moment?" Asked Demetri, obvious.

"There was no moment—"

"Our dear Odessa was standing very close to a certain boy holding hands. It was quite beautiful actually." Said Miguel and he pretended to wipe tears away.

Odessa gave him a weird look. "You've been spending too much time around Oliver."

"You mean Eli? It's not like they're holding hands every three seconds they're around each other." Demetri mentioned with sarcasm.

Miguel laughed out loud.  "Ha,  such a simp."

"We do not!"

"Yes, you do." Both of them said in unison.

"Is this gang up on Odessa day?"

"Oliver says that's every day." Said Demetri, Miguel agreeing.

Odessa rolled her eyes. "Remind me to kick him in the shin next time I see him."

Samantha entered the classroom and the chatty died down and turned into laughter. She sat at an empty table and avoided their eyes until she saw a red sucker stuck to the back of her jacket. Odessa felt really bad for her. Sam grabbed the sucker from her jacket. "Thanks for the blow pop guys. Really, never gets old," she said sarcastically.

"It's because she gives blow jobs," Demetri said to his friends. "Get it? Blow pop. . . blow job."

Odessa held up her pink pen. "I will stab this pen into your eye."

His eyes widened. "Oh, right. Sorry, Dess. . ."

"Yeah,  I get it." Said Miguel, giving him a blank stare.

Their teacher walk in the class instructing them that they would be dissecting pigs and to get with their groups.  Odessa groaning when she realized her partner wasn't there today. "Work with us today?"  Miguel suggested.

She smiled, thankfully, and gathered her things to sit with them.

"Who wants to take Samantha in?"

Odessa lifted her head and saw that Sam didn't have a partner, either. Nobody made an effort to take Sam into their group, which made the brunette frown from embarrassment. She went raise her hand but Miguel beat her to it. "We'll take her!"