Don't worry. Your father is only your father until one of you forgets.

Growing up and seeing your parents' flaws is like losing your religion

Growing up and seeing your parents' flaws is like losing your religion. I don't believe in God anymore. I don't believe in my father either.

Nice girls are good girls.  Good girls are boring girls.  Boring girls are prudes.  Nobody likes a prude.

Odessa knew she was kind.  Her heart was as good as gold,  her smile was like Spring,  laugh like Autumn — people liked kind people.  People also liked taking advantage of nice people.

Being a girl was fucking exhausting. It was Hell's waiting room.  It doesn't matter what you do,  you're always wrong.  Wrong,  wrong,  wrong! You can't be nice without being a pushover, you can't have a bad day because then you're a bitch, you can't be sad because then you're depressed, and you can't be happy or else you're being boastful. Women can't win.  Odessa would admit that she was naive (Not at first,  but definitely now) to what the boys around her thought of her.  She was the picture perfect image of a high school girl:  blonde hair,  blue eyes,  pretty smile,  great attitude,  smart as whip — but her brain isn't what they were thinking about and God,  she wished she'd been smart enough to know that.

She fell in love with every guy she ever dated.  Whether they were smart or stupid or sweet or cruel, it didn't matter. She didn't like to be alone.  Perhaps that stemmed from her father leaving or the short period of time her mother went off the deep end after he left them,  or when a rumor was spread that she had given herself up on the first date to Joey Perez,  a boy who asked her on a date just so he could get into her pants.

She became a different person. Her light had dimmed. She was no longer happy.  She wasn't good enough.  She wasn't pretty enough.  She was just Odessa Beaumont and that should've been enough,  but it wasn't.  Her girlhood was stolen from her by everyone around her.

Eli Moskowitz knew better than anyone how it felt to have your innocence stolen.  He was bullied.  Treated like he wasn't good enough,  or even a person.  To them,  he was the boy with a facial deformity,  something he couldn't control and yet everybody gave him shit for it.  (Shit lip is what they liked to call him. Real original.)  He always noticed the blonde girl.  He knew Odessa before the rumors started.  He watched the light in her slowly dim over the years when her dad left and her body started to change so it attracted more of the guys at school.  He never had the courage to talk to her,  not like any of them,  but he never knew how bad it was for her until now.

He couldn't stop people from bullying him but he could stop them from bullying her.  He made it his mission to get them to back off and he would do whatever it took.  Neither of them knew just how far it would go,  though.

  Neither of them knew just how far it would go,  though

Sydney Sweeney  Odessa Beaumont

Jacob Bertrand   Eli Hawk Moskowitz

Jacob Bertrand Eli Hawk Moskowitz

Rosamund Pike Thalia Reid
Hayden Christensen Christian Beaumont
Alexa Demie   Hailey Cooper
Timothee Chalamet   Grayson Hamilton
Cameron Monaghan   Oliver Benson
Xolo Maridueña   Miguel Diaz
William Zabka   Johnny Lawrence
Ralph Macchio   Daniel Larusso
Mary Mouser   Samantha Larusso
Peyton List   Tory Nichols
Gianni Decenzo   Demetri Alexopolous
Tanner Buchanan   Robby Keene

This story takes place in the first season of Cobra Kai to season 5 and so on and so forth. There are many tropes here including friends to lovers (Odessa and Eli) lovers to ex's back to lovers (Odessa and Eli) a love triangle (Odessa, Eli, and Robby) platonic soulmates (Odessa and Miguel) iconic group of 4 (Odessa, Oliver, Hailey, and Grayson) friends to slowburn lovers (Oliver and Demetri) father figure (Odessa and Johnny) and best friends to lovers (Grayson and Hailey)

Warnings include mentions of sexual assault, misogynistic comments, slut shaming, mentions of eating disorders, sexual themes, depression, mentions of homophobic comments, and mentions of blood.  I advice you to read at your own risks!

Odessa is based on Cassie from Euphoria such as the storyline with her dad and her relationships. Cassie haters will probably read and hate but I relate a lot to Cassie's character because of experiences in my own life so her character means a lot to me (besides her hooking up with Nate and being a terrible friend to Maddie)