Chapter Forty Nine.

XLIX.                                           Heartbreak Weather

                                           Heartbreak Weather

      Odessa danced the night away with Eli. They were happy, something neither of them had genuinely felt in a long time. The music was loud, their friends were around them, and for a a day they could forget about the karate drama and just be teenagers. The music was cut low and the DJ grabbed the microphone. "Alright, alright, alright. Who's up first for some karaoke?"

"WE ARE!" Oliver and Grayson immediately shouted. They pushed past everyone and ran to the stage.

"They're not serious, are they?" Asked Demetri.

Odessa patted his back. "As a heart attack."

A minute after, I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Bots started to play. Odessa laughed out loud and the two boys stood with their backs facing everybody. "Yeah. You are my fire." Oliver started the song. He turned around swiftly and reached one of his hands out like he was reaching for the crowd. He was actually a really good singer. 

Grayson was not. He whirled around and ran one of his hands down his face dramatically. "The one desire. Believe when I say."

"I want it that way!" They sang together.

"Tell me why!" Oliver shouted into the mic and held it out to the crowd.

Odessa held onto Hailey and they screamed the lyrics. "Ain't nothin' but a heartache!"

"Tell me why!" Grayson sang the next line, holding his mic out as well.

Eli looked at Odessa and sang into his fist. "Ain't nothin' but a mistake!"

"Tell me why!"

Miguel wrapped his arm around Odessa's shoulder and they shouted together. "never wanna hear you say I want it that way!"

"Cause I want it that way."

When the song ended, Odessa and Hailey cheered as loud as they possibly could. Oliver and Grayson bowed and exited the stage, receiving multiple high fives and pats on the backs. "Damn, you guys are good." Miguel laughed.

"You should join us on karaoke nights. It gets really intense." Oliver said with deep and heavy breaths.

The DJ took the microphone again. "Okay, that's gonna be hard to beat. Who's next?"

Grayson stood behind Odessa and Hailey and because he was three feet taller than, everyone could see him pointing down at them. "These lovely ladies!" He shouted back.

Odessa's eyes widened and was about to tell him no, until an idea popped in her head. She smiled. "Dancing Queen?"

"Dancing Queen!" Hailey said back and they grabbed each other's hands.