Hey- Kili (part 1)

Requested by: ThoraOakenshield

You were Tauriel's little sister and you were out on a patrol with Legolas when you head yelling come from the direction of the spider nest.

"Not again," you sighed, whipping out your bow and loading an arrow, running off to the direction of the commotion. Once you got there, you were rather shocked. There were dwarves... Fighting the spiders...

To be honest,  their spider fighting techniques were quite funny. Their moves lacked so much experience. But, hey, it got the job done. You surveyed them, but your eyes landed on a rather cute one, obviously one of the youngest. A spider crept up from behind him and that was when you decided to hop in and join the fight. The young dwarf turned right in time to see your arrow embed itself into the face of the spider about to attack him. With shock he turned to you, awe in his dark brown eyes. You stayed focused and killed a couple more spiders until none where left and Legolas was in an intense stare down with the leader.

"Do not think I won't kill you, dwarf, it would be my pleasure."

"Legolas-" you warned. He turned and glared at you. "Let's take them for proper trial before you do anything."

"Oi! We're not going anywhere but out of this stinkin' forest!" One of them shouted. They all muttered agreements, but you silenced them with a look. 

Then lowered your voice. "They wouldn't last against your father."

 Legolas thought for a second.

"Nai," he agreed. "Round them up, take their weapons. We bring them to my father."

So, the dwarves had survived the trial. For now. Your sister was watching over the prisoners but you wanted to talk to them, she would be easy to get past.

"Tauriel." You nodded in her direction as you walked past her to the prison cells. There, you found the one you wanted to talk to. The one you had saved earlier.

"Hey," you casually greeted him, studying him again. He had adorable dark eyes, tangled hair, and not much of a beard. He was very attractive, for a dwarf.

"Hey," he responded and you blushed. You sat in front of his cell. So many questions popping up into your head, you were just so curious!

"What's your name?" you finally blurted out, feeling very uncivilized.

"My name is Kili, could I ask for yours?" Your heart fluttered, he was so cute! You cursed at yourself for being so childish.

"My name is y/n," you finally managed to respond.

"Why did you stop the blond, pointy-eared princeling from shooting us? Why did you save me from that spider?" You were shocked that he was asking you the questions. You couldn't respond that you were curious, that would be an un-proper answer. But you were, you had never been out of the boundary, you only heard tales about the greedy and ugly dwarves mining away in their underground lairs. Kili seemed different.

"I believe that no one should be sentenced without a proper trial and it was our job to hunt down spiders anyway."

"But elves hate dwarves!"

"Not all, sure our stories call you 'messy' and 'unsociable' but you seemed different," you replied plainly, decided to admit some of the truth. "By the way, the 'pointy-eared princeling' is Legolas."

Kili snorted.

"You didn't laugh at my name," you retorted.

"That's because I think your name is pretty," Kili said, immediately going red after that. You giggled, blushing yourself, turning away so he wouldn't see. You turned back to see Kili holding a polished stone with strange engravings.

"What is that?" you asked.

"It's a promise." He reached out and gave the stone to you. "My mother gave it to me as a promise to come home, to return to her alive." You studied the rock, then gave it back to Kili.

"What does it mean?"

"Return or to Come back." You smiled to yourself, that was sweet of his mother to give him a runestone. Your thoughts were interrupted by the noise coming from Meleth en Gilith.

"Sounds like a party up there," Kili muttered.

"It is Meleth en Gilith, a Feast of Starlight," you responded. "All light is sacred to the Eldar, but Wood Elves love best the light of stars." You watched Kili's confused expression, as he pondered what you had said.

"I always thought it is a cold light, remote and far away." You recognized that he was talking about the stars, you gathered a statement in defense.

"It is a memory; precious and pure, like your promise.  I have walked there sometime, beyond the forest and into the night. I have seen the world fall away and the White Light of Forever fill the air." 

Kili looked at you with an intense gaze, full of admiration and... something else. You felt yourself drawing closer to him and Kili leaned forwards, resting his head against the bars.

"Y/n!" Tauriel called out. "My shift is over, come with me to the feast." She had a stern look and you nodded. Starting to stand and walk away.

"Dartho!" Kili called out, you turned back, shocked at the word. Kili blushed. "I can only speak few words of your language."

"What is it?"

"Will you come back?" He blushed, you smile.

"Of course, namarie!" And then you turned and walked off.

"Y/n, you can't fall for a dwarf," your sister snapped, leading you down the hallways.

"Why not?" you returned. "What is wrong with him?"

"He's a dwarf! They're greedy and selfish. This will only end in heartbreak, but I doubt what you are feeling is true. He is only drawing you in so you can let him out. I saw that whole thing, his begging eyes. Y/n, this isn't real."

"How would you know?" you yelled. "You can't force your heart not to love."

"Lasto-"

"Na!" You shouted and left her. You knew what you had with Kili was true.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

nai- May it be (okay)

dartho- wait, stay

namarie- farewell

lasto- listen

na- no

Part 2 will come.