Attraction- Gandalf, etc.

Requested by: justfandomtrash

Coming out of a year long hiatus like... sorry y'all. Hope you enjoy.... I've added a twist to the end!

"Gandalf, etc." means Gandalf, Saruman, and Radagast.

In the olden days, the Maiar had descended to Arda to help the Valar shape the world. There were many of them, each serving an individual Valar. Their fates were tumultuous. Some went east, never returning to the west; others came to Middle Earth and made names for themselves-- either by peace or destruction.

Gandalf the Grey, Radagast the Brown, and Saruman were of the few that you knew. They visited you often after you were banished from Valinor with your sister, Galadriel. You ruled side-by-side with her as queens and settled in realm of Lothlórien. The Maiar would bring you tidings of the outside world.

Gandalf, Mithrandir as you called him, spoke to you of the men. He was quiet, always pensive. Together, you searched for knowledge and the answers of unasked questions. Radagast was reserved. He cared for nature in a way no elf could. You admired his heart; he gifted you with crowns of wildflowers. Saruman always lowered his eyes when he first saw you-- but he was bold otherwise. You spoke of kingdoms and monsters of the lands. Like Gandalf, he craved knowledge but he found his answers within his books.

"My lady," said Gandalf, not meeting your eyes. You smiled down at him and descended from your throne.

"Mithrandir, I was not expecting you." 

"It is the unexpected, dear Y/n, that make the best journeys." He had a furtive look on his face as he glanced briefly at you. You did not give it much thought. Instead, you took his hands and studied them.

You murmured, "Age is changing you."

"Yet you look as I first saw you. Your beauty unparalleled." His response sent heat to your cheeks. You ducked your head to hide your brush.

"Why are you here, Mithrandir? On good tidings, I hope?" You beckoned him to walk with you. It was almost dusk-- the leaves of the trees turned red and orange. They blended together as if the sky were a painting. The elves around you began their songs, heralding the coming of the moon. 

"Answers," he responded contentedly. "And I wanted to see you again."

You paused-- which led him to bump into you. You laughed as his cheeks turned pink and he shuffled away from you.

"Perhaps I have answers to your questions, Mithrandir. But that may have cost you my cooperation." You had the faintest inkling of what he was going to say. But you would rather hear him say it before you jumped to conclusions.

You watched him them. His hands were unsettled, tapping at his leg. Gandalf faced you and opened his mouth to say something, but his words were stolen by a squeak behind you.

"L-lady Y/n!" You turned to face Radagast, who was currently holding an injured rabbit. Gandalf huffed beside you. Radagast turned to see who it was and his eyes immediately widened upon seeing a superior member of their order. "Oh, Gandalf, I did not expect to see you here."

"Hello, Radagast the Brown." Both you and Gandalf said at the same time, not forgetting your courtesies. Radagast began stammering and apology for coming unannounced. He gently pet the rabbit in his arms and let a bird land on his hat.

"Oh! Ah- I've brought you something-" Radagast handed Gandalf the rabbit-- to which the Grey Wizard frowned-- and pulled out a silver lily. He offered it to you. "You- you can put it in your hair..."