Babysitting- Faramir

"Where are you going at this hour?" Faramir said as he appeared behind you.

"I am watching Aragorn's son while he and Arwen go on a horseback ride." You mounted your horse and were about to ride off when Faramir mounted his, bareback.

"I am coming too," he declared.

 You two rode across the plains from the river towards and up the winding streets to the castle. Aragorn and Arwen were already ready to go but their son, Eldarion, was crying. Begging them not to go.

"We will be back," Arwen soothed. Eldarion was only the young age of three. "We brought you some friends to play with while we are gone." She looked up and smiled at you two. "See, there is Y/N and Faramir. Both are captains of Gondor, maybe they will teach you their skills." Eldarion seemed to brighten at this. Arwen and Aragorn then mounted their horses and nodded a, 'thank you,' before leaving.

You had met the King's son a couple times, always so polite with his parents, but now he was wild. Running across the throne rooms and swinging a wooden sword everywhere. Faramir watched from aside as you struggled to calm him and not get hit by his sword. Eldarion was also very picky, he had the kitchens working overtime before he decided that he wanted Potato soup, and not Shepard's pie. Then he decided he didn't want to eat at all.

"Please, eat your soup," you begged, desperate.

"I DONT WANNA!" he screeched.

"Faramir, please, help." You then turned and gave your best puppy dog eyes that you knew he always fell for.

"Fine, fine," he sighed playfully. "Eldarion, do you want to become a warrior like me?" Eldarion stopped screaming and stared at Faramir.

"Yes, Imma be big and strong juwst like Daddy," he blubbered, looking up at the captain with round eyes.

"But, your dad eats soup to become strong, you can't be strong like him unless you eat." Faramir looked very serious, but laughter danced in his eyes. Eldarion then greedily shoved his spoon into the bowl and slurped it's contents. The meal was finished in no time.

Before you knew it he was settled into his bed and snoring softly. You heard the doors crack open as Arwen and Aragorn returned. You shuffled out to meet them, but they looked confused when they saw Eldarion wasn't with you.

"He's sleeping in his room," Faramir whispered. Surprise filled their eyes.

"He always tries to stay up at this time," Arwen murmured.

"I guess we did a good job at tiring him," you chuckled.

"Did he eat?" Aragorn asked.

"Every last drop of soup," you answered. You enjoyed the faces of shock they made for each other.

"Are you two available tomorrow?"

Crappy chapter? Sorry, I am just trying to get ideas onto paper.