Shall we battle?- Legolas

Requested by: flyingflynn

"We should put the couch over there, so we can put the lantern next to it on the table."

Your husband, Legolas, groaned and dragged the couch across the room and set it where you pointed.

"What? I know you're strong enough!" You smiled and placed the table down to the left of the couch.

"How long do we need to be decorating?"

"Until we are finished. Now let's use the red carpet instead of the green-"

"I think the green would look better with the wall color." Legolas said, walking over to where the carpets were rolled up and resting against the wall. You two were setting up your new talan, finally moving out of the Woodland Realm and getting your own spot in Mirkwood. "Then we can use these curtains to compliment them."

"But that would give our house a dark feeling, the red will look better."

"Green matches the forest." Legolas blurted.

"You told me you liked these curtains and carpet." You raised an eyebrow.

"I guess we are at an impasse." Legolas chuckled.

"What are you implying?"

"We settle this the old fashioned way." He had an evil glint in his eye.

"You're kidding me." You said as you stepped into the training arena.

"Winner chooses how to decorate the talan." He let out a laugh.

"You're so childish." You muttered.

"Love you too." He chuckled, blue eyes sparking. "You ready?" You lifted your sword, he mimicked you.

"Go!" You shouted. He lunged forwards, but you sidestepped. He must've been expecting that because he spun and your swords met with a clang. You pushed your sword forwards, trying to get enough pressure to knock his out of his hand. Legolas released and sent a blow your way, which you blocked.

Your feet shuffled against the sandy floors. Legolas kept on sending blows which you kept on blocking. Now it was your turn to be the offense. You sent more blows and inched closer to him, causing him to back up. Then he turned around, running, and did a flip off the wall and landing behind you.

"Showoff." You turned and once again your swords clashed. It became a battle of strength and Legolas looked like he was barely trying. You decided to get a bit aggressive. You kicked outwards and knocked his feet out from under him.

"That's not fair play."

"Do orcs play fair?"

"No." Then he knocked your feet out from under you. He rolled over and pinned down your arms, disarming you, and pointed his sword at your neck. "We done?" A smile was on his face.

"I'm just started." You did a backwards summersault, causing him to loose balance. You pinned him down  and reached over and grabbed your sword. "We done?" You mimicked with a giggle.

"Not entirely." Legolas managed to throw you off and he stood up, sword at the ready. You two parried across the arena, elves training stopped to watch the prince and the captain of the guard duel.

"Hundreds of years of training pays off." You said as you cornered him against the wall.

"But I have some tricks up my sleeve." He replied jumping over your head and sending blows at you. You had to admit he was good. You always knew he was better than you, the prince must have advanced battle training in order to lead his armies to war when he becomes king.

Soon, both of you were starting to sweat.

"Getting tired?" He asked.

"Not even close." You answered. Legolas tossed his sword from his right hand to his left. You rolled your eyes and pushed yourself harder. Your hand and foot work getting faster, sending blows left and right. It seemed like this would be the battle that never ended.

Your swords met in one final battle of strength, Legolas was noticeably stronger than you. Your sword was knocked out of your hands, it landed a few paces away.

"Ha!" He yelled triumphantly.

"Oh well," You sighed. He turned his back to exit the arena. By now all the other elves were gone. You dropped into a summersault and grabbed your sword, running back and placing on his shoulder by his neck. "I win."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Talan = House