Coming Home- Bofur

Bofur had been gone too long. Each hour gragged by with the speed of a snail, it was like you had nothing to but wait. You watched as the sun went down and signalled the end of the day with a pink haze of twilight. You tended your small garden and crafted swords.

Weeks went by, heck, you didn't even know if he was still alive! You didn't know if Erebor was sucsessfully taken, or... You worried yourself with thoughts that consumed your mind.

You might never hear his voice again... He had a lovely singing voice, for a dwarf at least. You chuckled to yourself. But thats when you heard it, a whistle, a whistling tone that reminded you of one who you loved.

"Bofur!" You screamed, looking out the window to see a figure walking merrily up the hill, a figure in a hat. You laughed as you ran through the house and out the door. You remembered that hat!

You didn't care that you were not wearing shoes, you didn't care that you ran through the dirt.

"Y/N!" Bofur called for you, a smile brightening his face. You jumped into his arms tilted your head up, mashing your lips to his.

The world stopped. You breathed in the scent you missed so much. Bofur shifted you so he was carrying you bridal-style.

"I've missed you my lad." He rested his forehead against yours, and you traced the lines of his beard. "I missed you so much."

"Me too." You could only sigh, pleasure flooding through you. You could only rest in his arms, enjoying his warmth that was gone for too long. You didn't realize that you were crying until Bofur wiped away one of your tears, you looked up and met his gaze for the first time only to realize he was crying too.

"We did it, Erebor, we got it back." He whispered. Pride swelled within you as you hugged him closer... but he was so thin!

"Well this calls for a feast!" You declared. You struggled out of his arms and you two walked, hand in hand, back to your little cottage.

The video I tagged was an extra I found, Bofur actually sings at the end so PAY ATTENTION! I wasn't sure it was in the movies at the theater, but I'm sure its in the Extended Edition for the DVDs.