Heal- Kili (Part 2)

You ended up ditching the party and going straight to bed. You were angry at your sister for trying to control your heart. But you woke up with the careless thundering of feet and shouting.

"The prisoners have escaped!" 

You bolted out of bed, hastily throwing on your patrol outfit and grabbing your weapons, blending yourself in with the gathering elves then sneaking out to help the dwarves. You picked up random bits of conversation between the elves like "wine barrels" and "river." You chuckled, if they did what you think they did, they were pretty creative.

You ran out to the river and sure enough fourteen barrels were floating down the river, each of them with a dwarf and one with a hobbit... Huh, you knew there were thirteen dwarves, where did the hobbit come from?

You brushed the thought from your mind when you saw hundreds of orcs running along the banks, preparing to slaughter the dwarves once they reached the closed gate.

"Kili!" one shouted. "The gate!" Kili jumped from his barrel and ran towards the lever. Orcs swarmed against him and he slayed a few before getting shot in the leg.

"Kili!" you yelled, drawing arrows and firing at the ranks of dwarves. Kili groaned and reached for the lever, jumping back into his barrel. 

You fought violently, and you could hear Bolg shouting for his warriors to kill you. Then, Legolas burst into the clearing with your sister. Going after the orcs that started to chase you. More and more elves stormed into the area and started battle against the orcs. You ran alongside the riverbank, killing all the orcs that tried to jump into the barrels and kill the dwarves. You smiled to yourself as Legolas jumped onto the dwarves heads to slay a couple of the attackers, spinning around and leaping skillfully causing the dwarves to grunt and glare at him.

Even in the barrels, the dwarves had great technique and teamwork, something you had failed to see when they were fighting the spiders, but Kili looked defenseless, his face contorted in pain. Your heart ached you wished you could follow him, but you saw Tauriel looking at you from across the riverbank and Legolas standing to the side with an orc sneaking up on him. You jumped to defend him, pinning the orc down and hold a blade to his throat.

"Y/n, no. This one we keep alive."

"You were tracking the Company of thirteen dwarves, why?" Legolas questioned in Thranduil's throne room.

"Thirteen, ha! Not anymore; The young one, the black haired archer." The orc stared right at you. "We stuck him with a Morgul shaft. Poison is in his blood, he will be choking on it soon."

"Answer the question," you said, with you voice shaking.

"I do not answer to dogs, She-elf," the orc spat, in outrage you pulled out your machete.

"I would not antagonize her," Legolas spoke, and Tauriel nodded. You were known as quick to defend yourself and the ones you loved; loyal and a dangerous enemy. Legolas would know, he used to fancy you, but you turned down his offer, seeing him more as a brother than a lover.

"You like killing things, orc, you like death? Then let me give it to you!" you shouted and lunged forwards, Tauriel grabbed you and pulled you backwards.

"Y/n, Tauriel. Go, go now," you stormed off and your sister followed.

"Tauriel! I have to go after Kili, I could save him!"

"He's just a dwarf, Y/n. He's not worth it."

"He is to me."

"You met him yesterday, what you feel is fake."

"But nobody deserves to die when they can be saved!" Then you ran towards the gate and into the woods, Tauriel called after to you but it was too late. You could faintly hear Legolas tell the guards to close the gates, but one responded.

"What about y/n?"

"What about her?" You could hear Legolas respond, but you were still running.

"She ran into the forest, armed with her bow and blade. She has not returned." You knew Legolas and Tauriel would go after you. But you didn't care. They wouldn't be able to stop you. You had to heal Kili and save his life.

You truly cared for him.

You approached Laketown, that being where you followed the river to. You searched the town asking about any dwarves that had passed by.

"Yeah, I've seen the dwarves. They're at Bard's house, noisy bunch they are. They got that one that won't stop screaming. My wife suggests that he got hurt but I don't care. Bard's house is that way, you'll know it was you hear it."

You ran off and quickly found the house. You knocked on the door and a girl opened it.

"Sigrid! Come quick, it's an elf. My name is Tilda." She greeted you as another girl came running up.

"Da! An elf is here!" They giggled and a man you guessed to be Bard ran down the stairs followed by Thorin.

"You!" Thorin yelled, then scoffed. "Elves."

"Please, I can save Kili!" The girls, Bard, and Thorin stepped aside and let you up. Once you got upstairs, you looked down to see Kili writhing on the floor with his brother nearby. "Get him on a table." Several dwarves obeyed you and grabbed the wrestling Kili. You grabbed the herbs from your pouch and commanded them to hold him down. You mashed the herbs in your hands and started chanting the healing ritual. You pressed the herbs onto the shaft wound and Kili screamed, you flinched but you kept chanting. Eventually, he calmed and faded into unconsciousness. The Company relaxed.

"Thank you, for saving my brother." The golden-hair one you knew to be Fili stepped up.

Fili eventually introduced the rest of the Company and Bard's girls invited you over so they could braid your hair while you waited for Kili to wake up.

"Y/n-" you heard Kili sigh. You stood up and walked to him.

"Lie still."

"You can't be her. She is far away, she is far, far away from me. She walks in starlight in another world. It was just a dream- Do you think she could have loved me?"

"I do, Kili. But rest now." And then you walked out for some air.

"Y/n!" Tauriel stormed up to you, Legolas close behind. "What were you thinking?"

"I healed him, Tauriel! And I know now that he loves me too!"

"It's a child's dream, y/n. We have to go home!"

"No!"

An arrow whizzed by your ear. Orcs again! Legolas ran off to confront them.

"You know nothing of love, Tauriel!" you shouted. "You think you can control the heart but you just can't!"

"Y/n-" She stepped back, sounding hurt.

"I'm sorry, but this is real. I'm grown up now, I can handle myself." You rushed back into Bard's house, to alert the remaining dwarves of the orcs.

LATER (AFTER SMAUG ATTACKED)

You watched as Kili readied the boat to leave for Erebor. Legolas and Tauriel were behind you. But then Kili turned and gave you his runestone.

"Keep it, please." 

You smiled at him. You turned back to Legolas and Tauriel, they only looked at you with impatience, anxious to leave for Gundabad. You glanced back at Kili, who was now on the boat and paddling away. You sighed and pocketed the stone then mounted the horse behind Tauriel. Little did you know that would be the last time you saw Kili, alive.