Dragon- Bard

Requested by: goodnight56

FLASHBACK

You had been walking through the forest when you came across a strange person. The figure wore all black, hooded so you couldn't see his face. Instinctively, you thought it was a Wraith. It wasn't until he called out your name that you knew you guessed wrong. Curiosity, perhaps, was what brought you to him.

After what seemed like hours of talking, he found out about your husband, Bard. Apparently, he seemed to like you. He offered you a better love life, which you refused as you were loyal to Bard and he was loyal to you.

Outraged, the man cast dark magic and you felt yourself slowly change. It felt like your bones were being crushed, then stretched. Your skin ripped and tore as scales burst from your insides.

You grew, and grew, and grew.

The hooded man cast more magic and a mirror appeared in front of you. What you saw was horrific; he had cursed you into a dragon. He then told you that it was apon death or Bard's true love towards you that you would change to your natural state.

Your hopes were crushed when Bard tore through the trees, looking for you, only to find a dragon standing over your ripped pile of clothes. Bard tried to attack you, thinking you were dead, but you didn't want to hurt him. You flew off and the last you saw of him was Bard vowing revenge on the dragon that had "killed" you.

You never saw the hooded man again.

FLASHBACK OVER

You hand settled in a cave in Mirkwood, it was hidden and large enough for you to fit. It took all your willpower not to go looking for Bard, you knew that he wanted to kill you. If only you could just talk to him. You knew Smaug could speak the common language but when you tried speaking, it was only proven that Smaug had a lot of talent or at least more practice than you. You were used to the way you used to speak, of course, with a normal-sized tongue and non-pointy teeth.

Never the less, each day you practiced speaking in the common-tongue. It was hopeless, you though it would be better off if you just accepted your life as a dragon. You stopped trying to speak and spent your time becoming a better flyer or learning to breathe fire.

It must of been that you were making to much of a rucus, while hidden though, that men and elves had noticed that there was a dragon in Mirkwood. Elves started forging black arrows and they called apon Bard, hoping that he could be the one to fire the arrow and kill you. He was the dragon-slayer, after all.

A couple weeks later, the elves had finished the arrows. Bard had come, ready to kill you. Clearly he knew it could or couldn't be the dragon he vowed to kill.

This was all with out you noticing, it wasn't until you were out on a daily flight that you saw saw him... the hooded figure. Anger boiled within you, you dove and felt fire surge up through your throat. You breathed and red-hot flames pelted directly at him. Of course, the figure dove and rolled down the hill. You turned and readied another jet of flame.

One after another you breathed, and he dodged. But then, his hood fell of.

It was Bard.

You stopped in your tracks while maintaining a steady wing beat. You were shocked, you tried to kill Bard, your husband! In fact, you were too shocked to see him draw and arrow and fire...

You roared pain filled your gut where the arrow had peirced. You faltered and hit the ground rolling, your iridescent scales chipping against the rocks. You stopped rolling next to Bard, but then you spoke.

"Bard, I'm so sorry." The words were slurred and barely recognizable. You started to shrink back into your human form. The hooded man's cold voice rang in your ear.

"I told you, it was apon death or Bard's true love for you that you would turn back. I told you so."

You had finished shifting, but the arrow still was lodged in your stomach. Bard dropped to the ground and you shook, life draining away from you.

"Y/n!" he gasped. "If only I knew! Oh, I've missed you too much. I'm so, so sorry!"

"It's okay," you rasped, blood trickling from your mouth.

"I love you," he said, tears welling in his eyes. He softly pulled your torso up to his chest and you felt tears splashing against your cheek.

"I love you too," you sighed, then let the darkness embrace you.