50

Being able to design your dream dress was one thing. Watching your bestfriend bring it to live was tear-jerking. But putting on the dress, seeing the dream brought to life on the day was a whole new feeling.

Hunter had to fight her tears, all day they had been forming but not once had she let them fall. When she woke, she refused to let them out, when she got to the venue, when she saw her hair and makeup finished, and now; stood in the jaw dropping, white gown.

They were minutes away, Hunter letting her stylist add the finishing touches as she clutched the bouquet in her hands. They were inside, but the bridal party had been lined up, waiting to make their entrances.

"Hey, sweetheart." Hunter bit the insides of her cheeks, fighting the tears once more as her father appeared at her side. "You look so beautiful. Gosh, I can't—" he wiped his own tears and she struggled out a laugh, knowing if she hadn't she'd cry.

"Thank you, dad." She managed to choke out, her heart dropping as Courtney and Jamie made their way out. Next was Griffin and Mya, then she'd be up, the second the song changed.

Time felt slow, like the moment couldn't come any sooner. One foot in front of the other, she felt her dress being readjusted. Then, the doors were being pulled open for her. The isle was long, too long, rows of people, their families, their friends, the entire Ducks team and even trainers. Yet, her eyes were set at the end, everything around him was a blur.

The music was quiet, the whispers were unnoticed. She saw nothing but Trevor, stood beneath the flower-twined alter. His suit was simple, black and white, but he looked better than she could've imagined. He'd finally cut his hair from the season flow, but made sure to keep some length knowing thats how Hunter loved it.

He was bouncing in place, fighting the urge to run to her, to kiss her, to tell her over and over how beautiful she is, how much he loves her.

"I love you." Her father whispered as they got up to the alter. He held her hand out for Trevor who took it graciously. "You be good to my little girl." Trevor nodded vigorously, tears pricking his own eyes.

"I will, sir. I promise, I will."

Stood beneath the alter, hand in hand, Hunter had no idea how she'd get her vows out. How she had been able to even breathe, her heart was racing, mind blank with nothing but the man in front of her. She'd heard the officiant but couldn't comprehend a single word.

"You may trade your vows." That, she heard.

Trevor agreed to go first, she knew it was best if he did. He didn't seem nearly as nervous, but he was made for this, for sharing himself in front of crowds of people. She could barely do a class presentation, but this was just them.

"Hunter, Hunny, I wanted to start this by saying I love you. I love you in ways I didn't know was possible. I never imagined I'd find someone like you, that I'd be right here, right now, with you. I still remember how I felt when you texted me for the first time, when I opened my phone to see your face. I was immediately infatuated; with your smile, with your laugh, the way nothing seemed to scare you. It wasn't until I kissed you on that golf cart, the day I met your father and your brother—yeah, sorry guys." A laugh broke in the emotional moment as Trevor waved to the two sat in the front row. "It-it, wow, sorry. It wasn't until that day that I knew I wanted to be with you. Then a few months later you asked me to be your boyfriend, you beat me to it because I was too scared to ask first. I knew then that I wasn't going to let you beat me to asking you to be my wife. To live the rest of your life with me, to look for you in the stands when I play, to wake up beside you every chance I can get, to be the mother of our children. I'll love you forever, for as long as you'll let me."