01

PRIVATE MESSAGES

hunter
hey!

chase (bar)holy shithey

chase (bar)
holy shit
hey

hunter
sorry it took so long for me to text
i passed out right when i got back last night

chase (bar)
all good
only i think you got the wrong number

hunter
funny
you put the number in sooo

chase (bar)
yeah def got the wrong number
clearly that guy was an idiot

hunter
wdym

not chase?
if you're the girl in that pic and
a guy purposely gave you the wrong number..
hes an idiot

hunter
right? im hot
he was probs too drunk to type correctly

not chase?
his loss is my win

hunter
gross..
you could be a literal child
or grown ass man

not chase?
okay im not.
the names trevor, im 21 and not a child

hunter
im hunter and don't believe you

not chase?

hunterthat's not you

hunter
that's not you

not chase?
yeah it is 🙃

hunter
right...
cause the decently cute guy at the bar
accidentally gave me the number to a hot
hockey player
sure thing

not chase?
howd you know i play hockey

hunter
my brothers a huge hockey fan
loves the ducks
but specifically bc of the films
he thinks the team is ass but trevor zegras (not you)
is a good player

read 4 minutes ago

hello?

incoming facetime from
not chase/trevor

Hunter stared at her phone in confusion, her anxiety growing at the endless possibilities of who was behind the screen. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that it was someone other than Trevor Zegras. She had been telling the truth, she didn't have a clue when it came to hockey but she remembered an attractive guy when she saw him.

With hesitation, she pressed answer, facing her phone to the ceiling in fear.

"Cool nipple light." She heard from the other end, her eyes peaking open to see the forehead and dirty blond locks of the boy in the picture.

Her heart dropped, "shit." It really was him.

"See, I wasn't lying." He let out a short wheeze of a laugh, her phone lifting to her face. The boy let his full face show as hers did, "and look! Neither were you." She couldn't help but to crack a smile at his words.

"Obviously the only liar in this situation is that idiot I met last night." She was upset about that. They'd hit it off, even made out and yet, he still gave her a fake number.

"Screw him."

"I was gonna." His face twisted at her response, though she'd only been telling the truth.

"You just wanted to hump and dump?"

She laughed at that, her hand clasping over her mouth at the question. Hunter nodded shamelessly, "if you can find me a guy that's worth more than that, go ahead."

"Ouch." He fell back, his hand slapping dramatically over his chest. "I'm worth lots."

"Puck bunny for life, babe." She joked, his face lighting up with a grin.

"You're from New York, right?"

Her eyes widened, "how'd you know?"

"The area code on your number." He answered and she let out a relieved sigh.

"Right, right.. yeah, I got to NYU." She told him, his head nodding slowly. "You're in California though, right? Or is it the off season. I'm legit clueless when it comes to sports."

"It's the off season, but I've been bouncing around before making it back home. I'm in Toronto at the moment, visiting some friends." Now the she looked, he seemed to be in a hotel room.

"I've never actually been to Canada, it's so close too." She confessed, allowing herself to get comfortable on her bed.

"It's pretty cool here, everyones super nice." He shrugged, a knock coming from the background. "Shit, I forgot we were going out. I'll text you, alright?"

She nodded, unable to hide her smile as the phone screen fell back to their texts.

Thank you, Chase.