45

New York during Christmas was probably Hunters favorite time to be in her home state. The city was filled with colorful lights and joy that seemed almost impossible to get any other time of the year. All the families with their children going out to meet Santa, hoping for their dreams to come true. It made Hunter see how good life could be, how easily people could get along if they actually tried.

Trevor had thought a bit of shopping before going to see their families would calm his clothing addiction girlfriend. She was nervous, not to spend time with his family but to see her own. She hadn't spoken to her mother since she moved to California, she wondered if the woman would act like nothing ever happened.

She kinda hoped she would, simply for a peaceful Christmas.

"Florence Pugh, the chick from hunger games-"

"Jennifer Lawrence."

"And Harry Styles."

"Okay, kill Harry, fuck J-Law and obviously marry Florence." Hunter answered, skipping through the songs on her playlist to find the perfect one.

They were driving to his parents, both finding anything to keep them occupied. They'd settle on a game of fuck, marry, kill due to Trevor's request.

"Okay, Taylor swift—"

"Marrying."

She rose a brow, smirking slightly, "me—"

"Shit, okay, fucking Taylor, marrying you and whoever the last person is, let em die."

"I was gonna say Jack."

"Babe!" Trevor whined, not wanting to kill his best friend. "Y'know what, marry Jack and kill you for that."

"I'm telling Jack you're breaking up with me for him." Hunter joked, taking out her phone, thinking she'd earn a reaction from him.

Instead Trevor just smiled, "do it."

The rest of the drive had gone by quickly, the couple never seemed to stop talking when they were with each other. They already knew almost all there was to know about one another but they'd always find something to share. Some weird thought they had, a tiktok they watched, even the attitude of the server at a restaurant. There was always something.

Arriving at the Zegras home, thhe couple had been welcomed with open arms. Hunter felt like a part of the family, they were so genuine and kind, she could help but envy it.

"When are you going to put a diamond on that ring?" Hunter had been frosting cookies when she heard the words leave Julie's mouth. Griffin had found her surprise hilarious, unable to hide his laugh as she froze up.

The woman hadn't been asking her, rather, her son about a diamond. She'd seen the promise ring, it wasn't flashy in any way and apparently Julie wished it was more. They were still young though, only a few months into their relationship.

"Mom's been talking nonstop about you two since yesterday." Griffin whispered, biting into the cookie he had just frosted.

"She has?" Hunter questioned, watching as Trevor pulled his mom further from them. He was talking quiet too, which she'd found odd.

"Dad thinks your pregnant." Ava stated, making sure to add details onto her own cookies.

"I can assure you, I'm not." Hunter said, but she could help but to place a hand on her stomach as if she had been.

"You wrap it?"

"Griff!" Ava cried out, throwing an m&m at her brother. "That's not your business, you pig."