22

LOS ANGELES

Hunter woke up to the sound of an alarm blaring, Trevor's arms wrapped tightly around her as he groaned in her ear. Her eyes peaked open, carefully reaching for his phone on the nightstand and pressing stop. 6:01 am.

"Trev, baby, you gotta get up." Hunter was a morning person, always waking up early from a young age. Trevor wasn't too fond of mornings, wanting to sleep in as long as possible.

"Why?" He mumbled into her shoulder, still clinging onto her with his eyes clamped shut.

"You have training in an hour." She reminded him, her eyes unconsciously peaking at his phone screen. She didn't mean to read the texts but it happened, she wished it hadn't. "Trevor, get up." Hunter shoved her way from his hold, tossing his phone back to the nightstand.

His eyes opened as she moved from the bed, grabbing one of his shirts and pulling it over her. She sent him a frustrated look, leaving the room and walking to the bathroom.

Jamie was already sat on the couch when she'd left the bathroom, simply scrolling through his phone. He gave her a small wave as she walked by, her chest filled with annoyance. He could see it, but brushed it off as waking up too early.

Hunter took out a coffee mug, filling their keurig with water and setting a cup inside. She felt arms wrap around her as she watched the coffee brew. The tattoos gave away that it was Trevor and she didn't budge as he pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Morning, Hunny." He tried moving her around for a kiss. "Uh, oh, someone's grumpy this—"

"Can you not?" Hunter muttered, breaking away from his hold as she went to the fridge. He stood watching her, eyes wide with confusion at her cold behavior.

"Sorry, I'll wait until you've had your coffee." He threw his hands up in surrendering, turning to leave the kitchen.

Hunter rolled her eyes, running a rough hand through her hair. She leaned on the counter, trying to calm herself down.

How could he?

She tried to push it away, finishing her coffee and joining the two in the livingroom. Trevor didn't say anything as she sat next to Jamie. The brown haired boy wouldn't say anything either, he was too quiet in the morning to care.

They'd sat in silence, all staring at the screens in front of them. It wasn't until Mya walked out that they were brought out of it.

"Well aren't we a bunch of happy campers this morning?" Mya exclaimed, seeing the three on the couch. She'd already been dressed and ready for the day, a playful smile spread over her face.

Her brows furrowed, giving Hunter a disapproving look, "why aren't you dressed?"

"Uh.. should I be?"

"We're going with them." Mya responded in a duh tone, smiling to Jamie who had already had his sights on her.

"Right." Hunter mumbled, forcing herself from the couch and going to Trevor's room.

She dug through her suitcase, taking out a pair of loose jeans and a tight cropped tank top. It was hot outside but she knew it would be cold at the rink so she grabbed one of Trevor's sweatshirts. She rolled her jeans, pulling on a pair of converse and tying her hair into two braids.

The bedroom door opened, but she proceeded to do her hair, ignoring the boy as he walked in. He let out a loud sigh, trying to draw her attention from the mirror. She looked to him through the reflection, her face falling to a frown.

"It'll be cold, you might wanna—" she pointed to the sweatshirt laid out on the bed and he nodded. "Why are you acting like this?" He asked and she let out an irritable chuckle.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously, Hunter. I didn't do shit so why are you-"

"You did, Trevor. You did do shit and that's why I'm upset." She turned to face him, hurt written all over her face.

He stared back, confused, "what the hell could I have possibly done? I've been with you the past three days and we've been perfectly fine."

She shook her head, doing her best not to cry, "you promised. You promised you weren't going to talk to Brandy anymore and this morning.. I was proven otherwise. I'm not your girlfriend, so yeah, I shouldn't care who you sleep with but at least be honest with me."

"You went through my phone?" He was taken back, his own hurt and betrayal forming with the girl.

"No, I turned off your alarm and accidentally read the text on your screen. Think of my shock when I saw her name and the message 'when is she leaving, i miss you'. That fucking hurt." Hunter fought her anger, her hurt, the feeling of heartbreak for a boy she wasn't even dating.

"Fuck." Trevor rubbed his face and Hunter believed to have caught him. "Hunny, look." He took out his phone, opening his messages and handed it over.

"I don't want to see what you say to—"

"Hunter, read the damn text." Trevor pleaded and she sighed out, staring down at the screen.

brandy
when is she leaving?
i miss you

trevor
That doesn't matter

brandy
yeah it does
i want to come over and see you
but you've been with that bitch for
days now
i thought you liked me

trevor
First off, Hunter isn't a bitch, she's not the
one who texted you trying to claim me.
Second, we hooked up a few times, you knew
that we weren't anything. I know you don't actually
care, you've been with several nhl players in
hopes to get somewhere.
I'm not an idiot.

brandy
so that's it?
you're choosing her over me?

trevor
Id choose her over anyone.

Hunter handed the phone back slowly, tears filling her eyes. The last message repeated over in her mind. Id choose her over anyone.

"Did you mean it?" She asked, her head down in shame at her previous behavior.

Trevor cupped her face, tilting her head to look up at him, "every word."