37

Transferring universities was a bitch. The endless paperwork and counseling had Hunter stressed. It hadn't helped that packing everything she owned into boxes to be sent to California had taken up the rest of her time. Hunter was in fact, moving across the country.

It wasn't all for Trevor but he was a big influence in her decision. She'd always wanted to move to California, only, she thought it wouldn't be for a long time. She was comforted in her decision when she'd found out Mya had gotten the job she'd wanted for years and they could go together.

She'd miss her home, Courtney, though she would visit often. Her brother was who she was least looking forward to leaving. He was her best friend and she couldn't imagine not being able to see him whenever she wanted.

Maybe California wasn't the best idea she'd had, considering she hadn't even found a job. She couldn't live off her parent's anymore and definitely not student loans. She had a few interviews with magazines, but she was only a junior in college and doubted they'd accept her applications.

She was starting to think her mother was right, she was spoiled and sure as hell not ready to live the life she wanted. This was her dream though, Trevor or not, it's what she wanted.

It wasn't as if she was moving in with him, she'd already gotten an apartment, the first three months rent paid off with the last of the money she had in her bank. There was no turning back from it. Especially not as she sat on the plane, still contemplating her decision with Mya contently happily at her side.

It wasn't until Hunter was inside of the apartment that she'd let herself breathe. This is it. A big 'fuck you' to her mother for never believing in her.

"We need like.. plants or something." Mya stated as they stood in their bare livingroom. They had been staring at the plain walls for ten minutes now, neither knowing what to do.

"I mean, furniture would help." Hunter laughed lightll, the singular purple bean bag making it sad in there.

"Wanna look for some?" Mya asked, though she'd already had her laptop out on the counter, ready to search the web.

They did that for hours, buying two small sage green couches and few useless decorations to put around their apartment. All they needed was to figure out how they'd get them up the stairs. They sure as hell couldn't do it on their own.

"Dude.." Mya laughed once she realized, "we're dating hockey players, they can help us."

Hunter nearly smacked herself in the forehead; how had she not thought of that?

"They're so gonna be pissed." Hunter laughed as she picked up her phone, they needed to get their beds and boxes up from the Uhaul that was brought here.

Tevor answered on the second ring, "hey, babe. I'm just now getting out of practice so I'll be over in a few." He told her as she answered and she giggled nervously. "What'd you do?"

"Nothing.." she sang out, placing the call on speaker. "Do you and Jamie love us?" Hunter asked and she heard a sigh from the other end, followed by a quiet chuckle.

"What do you want?"

"I know you're probably tired from practice but we're two damsels in distress and would really like to get our stuff up to our apartment." He laughed at her words, "it's a lot, we can get most of the boxes but the beds and dressers and the couches that'll be here in.. an hour have to get up here somehow."

"Jeez, Hunny, how much shit do you have?"

"A lot."

"Okay, I'll be over in a few." He told her and the two girls smiled, "you're lucky I love you."

"Thank you! I'll see you soon!" She exclaimed, hanging up quickly. Then, the words processed, it could've been innocent but he said I love you and she hadn't.

"Did he just.." Mya had registered the words for herself, eyes wide.

"I think so."

Half an hour later and six songs into the lover vinyl, there was a knock on the door. Hunter ran to open it, expecting to only see Jamie and Trevor behind it. She was surprised though, when they'd been joined by Mason, Gibby and Terry.

"Hunter!" Before she could even get a word out, she'd been tackled, thrown over the shoulder of Mason.

"Mace!" She squealed out, laughing as she tried to break free from his hold.

"Mac, unhandle my girl." Trevor laughed out, wanting nothing but to see his girlfriend. Mason let her down and Trevor took no time bringing her into his own arms.

"Ah! PDA!" Troy called out, Trevor planting a wet kiss into Hunter's lips without a care.

"As if we don't watch you kiss Dani before and after every game." Jamie remarked, waving bashfully to Mya as if they hadn't been on several dates.

"Yeah, yeah." Troy rolled his eyes.

"It sucks, now we gotta rely on Mac as the bachelor boy." Gibby teased, patting Masons shoulder as he walked into the apartment. "So, where's all your stuff?" He asked, his eyes wandering the empty room.

"In the Uhaul." Mya answered, her arm around Jamie's waist.

"What're we standing around and huggin' for, let's make this place a home."

INSTAGRAM

🤍 liked by 11zebras and 204 othershunnyp0t asked my bf to help me move my stuff in and wound up with 4 hockey players refusing to leave my apartment until we've watched happy gilmore

hunnyp0t asked my bf to help me move my stuff in and wound up with 4 hockey players refusing to leave my apartment until we've watched happy gilmore

view all 29 comments...

11zebras i cant believe you've never seen it 💔
hunnyp0t i was sheltered as a child

bigmac_t we're watching it.
hunnyp0t go watch it in your own home

hughjackieman can i be the fifth hockey player?
hunnyp0t always 🫶🏻

username and the puck bunny lives another day

urcourtdate honestly glad im missing this
hunnyp0t you'd kill them all, im contemplating calling dani and alexa to get their men