48

Tomorrow would mark a year, a year when Hunter had asked Trevor to be her boyfriend. It was undoubtedly one of the best things she'd ever done. She was scared then, terrified of how it could turn out. Now though, she'd been proved over and over that there was nothing getting in their way.

He could have anyone if he wanted to, girls practically throwing themselves at him at games. Yet, he'd always found her, as if no one else had existed.

Before meeting Trevor, Hunter had doubted her ability to find love. She'd been convinced that there was no one good left for her. So, she did the things she did, trying to fill that craving.

She was eternally grateful for that guy she'd met at the bar, who's name she could no longer remember. Whether he'd purposely given her the wrong number or had been to drunk to type it in correctly, she wouldn't change that digit in a lifetime.

Now, she'd been sat on the dock of her parents lake house, surrounded by the sounds of waves and Trevor's voice. He had the idea, to come back to where it all started. He got the keys from her parents, told them his entire plan and they were supportive.

He'd even gotten Jordan to go to the house before, set everything up. Jordan had been more than willing to do so.

The dock had been strung with lights, candles leading to the end. Even thought Hunter knew what was coming, she'd been just as anxious as the boy beside her.

"Join me on the boat?" Trevor suggested, standing up with his hand held out.

She accepted the offer, letting him assist her onto the boat. Her family had money and they weren't above buying an overly eccentric boat that could've easily been mistaken for a small yacht.

"I used to hate this boat." Hunter said, holding his hand as he lead her into the cabin. He stopped, looking to her with wide eyes and she laughed. "Not anymore, I promise." She gave him an assuring kiss and he continued inside.

"Do you trust me?"

"Indefinitely.." then she looked to the keys in his hand, "maybe."

"I have my boating license, shush."

They wound up in the middle of the lake, the stars bright over them. They'd been brighter over the lake, the clean, cloudless air letting them reveal their true beauty.

"When we buy a house, we should get a boat." Hunter spoke quietly, her eyes focused on the gleaming stars. She felt Trevor position himself behind her, arms hugging around her waist. With him, it always felt new, she never lost the gush of love. That starstruck feeling, those dumb butterflies, they weren't ever going away.

"We should get a house with lots of land. Maybe close to a golf course, and we can even get you a golf cart." She couldn't help but to release a giggle, turning back to get a look at him.

"You're actually gonna let me drive?" She teased, he rolled his eyes, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead.

"Anything you want, I'll give." His lips had barely parted from her skin, holding her as close as he could.

"A cow?" His shoulder fell back with his laugh, but he nodded.

"Yes, baby. Even a cow."