Chapter 20

FOURTH'S P.O.V: 

I indeed had the worst experience with Gemini. But then when we talked out all our misunderstandings about each other, I felt that I did the right thing by giving him another chance. He might seem cold and ruthless but he is not. I didn't know that he had such a past. I always thought he was a spoiled brat doing nothing but causing problems for others. The fact that he is gay shocked me more. I do think that he is not how I used to tell about him before. Once the incident took place between us that night, since that morning till today he has not touched me even once. He kept his promise of not touching me without my permission. Even while calling me he would call my name but never touched me. 

  Gemini is packing his luggage right now. And what am I doing??? Of course, I am helping him with it. It's a week's trip and he is whining like a baby that he'll get bored. After clearing our misunderstandings, Gemini started to seem like Ford to me. Whining like a baby, pouting, and complaining every time. Finally, after what felt like an age, Gemini packed his luggage and went with his dad. Meanwhile, I went to school. It's a week's trip, so I have to agree that I'll feel lonely in the mansion. He won't be in the mansion to pester me when I go back from school.

AFTER 6 DAYS:

   I don't know how these 6 days have passed, I've never felt this much bored and lonely before. I was heading back to the mansion after school, but I got a call

"Hello, may I know who this is??"

"Hello kha, is this Khun Fourth??" - a woman

"Krap"

"Khun Fourth, your dad is admitted to XXXX hospital, he had a serious accident. Right now he is in the ICU." - the receptionist

"/Shocked, trembling/ I'll be there soon."

   I went to the hospital. Once I reached the hospital, I called my Pa. Just after some time, she came to the hospital. I was a crying mess. Pa kept on comforting me that 'it was fine, everything will be alright, your dad will be alright'
  Dad is still in ICU. We are sitting outside the ward waiting for the doctor to come out and say that Dad is out of critical condition. No one might believe that I used to have a perfect and happy family. When I was born, both mom and Dad were very happy. My mom raised me till I was 5 yrs old. Then one day she suddenly left me and Dad. We both didn't know the reason behind her sudden disappearance. Dad loved Mom a lot. They were destined mates which is why Dad slowly started to console himself with alcohol but it soon became a habit and a routine. This made my dad an alcoholic. And to be honest, he did drink alcohol every day but till today he has neither beaten me once nor abused me to get him some money. I was thankful to him that I had him, beside me. Even though he didn't like to attend parents' teacher meetings but still he was there for me every time. He tried his best to do everything for me. He was a burden to me, but that was when he owed a lot of debt from Gemini's dad's casino. He is my only blood relative, and he is fighting between life and death.
   The doctor finally came out of OT. I and Pa both stood up as we felt the door open. The doctor came to us while taking off his mask and elastic band from his head.

"/Sniff/ Doctor... How is my dad?? Is... Is he out of danger??"

"We tried our best but your dad's kidney stopped functioning for a long time and it has affected the other organs as well. While the accident made him lose a lot of blood. /Keeping his hand on Fourth's shoulder/ Your dad didn't make it... We are sorry for your loss na nong." - Doctor

  Everything went blank... I am not able to hear anything. I am not able to feel my legs anymore. My tears were flowing out of my eyes from their own. My hands refused to do any kind of movements as if they would break and fall apart from my body. I fell on my knees not able to process anything that happened just a minute ago. Pa cried looking at my state. She hugged me from beside me and started patting my head.

"Pa... /Sniff/ he... he... he left me too. /Crying loudly/ Why does everyone that I love leave me behind alone?? WHY???!!! What crimes did I do in my past life to deserve such things in this life?? /Hugging Mook tightly/You are not going to leave me like him too, right Pa?? /Mook shakes her head sideways while tears stream down her cheeks/"

   Some nurses came out from ICU, wrapping a plain white cloth on a body. I still cannot believe that the body belongs to my dad. My tears again streamed out of my eyes absent-minded. I tried my best to stop them but my tears didn't understand their order. I don't want to let go of the stretcher that contains my dad's dead body. Then I saw a figure coming towards me with a worried as well as sweaty face. I looked at the figure with my tears-filled glassy eyes. I don't know what got into me, I just need some comfort. As soon as I recognized the figure to be Gemini, I went to him and hugged him tightly. But he didn't hug back.

"Gemini... /Sniff/ he... he left me... /Cries/ He was my only blood relative. He was always there for me when Mom left us... /Cries/What wrong did I do??"

"Fourth... You still have Pa, MarkFord, and me." - Gemini

"But still... He left me just like mom did..."

"It was not his fault, Fourth. He didn't intend to leave you na." - Gemini

"Yes... /Looking at Gemini's face with teary eyes/ It was not his fault... It was my fault to leave him that way. I should've paid all the debt and lived with him, but I didn't. I was the reason for his tragic death, Gemini..."

"It's not your fault too. It was an accident. You never imagined that this would happen to your dad. /tears in his eyes/ If you want to blame someone then blame me. I was the only reason behind all of these. If I would let you go, then you would've taken good care of your dad." - Gemini 

"/sad/ It's neither of your faults. /looking at Gemini/ Even if you would let Fourth go, /looking at Fourth/ or even if you took good care of your dad, he would end up this way. The doctor himself said that the accident just made him lose a lot of blood. If this accident didn't happen, even then he was not having much days because all of his organs were damaged. Don't blame each other." - Mook 
.
.
.
.
That's it for the 20th chapter... Hope you had fun while reading. Have a nice week guys... Love all my readers...