Chapter 5

I went inside to get the permission from pa, so that I can go out with P'Mix to check out the shops which are for rent. 

"/whine/Pa...

"What is it??" - Mook 

"Can I get a half day leave today?? My customer wants to look for a shop. He needs my help. Please???

"/smirks/ You seem to care specially about this customer... Who is it?? Your crush??" - Mook

"Slow down, pa... He can hear you.

"Look at you, little demon. Blushing hard just because of me mentioning the word 'CRUSH' Huh??" - Mook 

"/whine/Don't tease me, pa... So, am I allowed?"

"Yeah, go and enjoy your date..." - Mook 

"Pa!!!!"  She really loves to tease me a lot.

  I prepared 2 boba teas. One for P'Mix and one for me. He paid for both of our boba teas no matter how many times I told him that I would pay for mine. We walked on the street sipping our teas little by little. 

"Are underaged kids allowed to work for part time jobs?" - Mix

"No phi, that cafe used to belong to my mom, then the recent owner bought it from my mom. She has been taking care of me as her son since I was a middle schooler. I had to pay for my school fees as well as house rent, so pa agreed to give me the part time job.

"Then what about the job in pub?? How did you get it??" - Mix

"I told him the truth that I was in need of money and asked him if he would help me.

"/smiles/You are smart and cute, you know??" - Mix 

 Did I hear it correctly?? He just said I am cute?? My crush saying that I am cute. 

"What about your parents??" - Mix

  I don't want to answer this question. But I have to. This is the reason why I don't like to make new friends or talk much to others if it's not a necessity. 

"Uhm...

"Heyyi, you don't have to answer if you don't feel like it. I'm sorry if my question made you feel uncomfortable." - Mix

"No phi, it's not like that. I don't usually talk about my parents... I have a dad who is alcoholic and he even has debt on him. As for my mom, I don't know where she is?? She might have left by feeling ashamed to have a son like me.

"/grabs Fourth's both shoulder and faces towards him/ Fourth, don't say these things. Don't think so low about yourself. You are very precious, even if it is for few people, you are. I think, your mom would be so proud of you, if she would see you working this much hard for your family even if you are a high schooler. /smiles softly/ You know, I would love to have a hardworking and cute son like you." - Mix

   I didn't quite understand the last part, but I love it that my crush is beside me, comforting me not to think low about myself. I wish this day to last forever. 

After looking for a lot of shops, phi finally found a shop which satisfied him and also had low price for the rent. 

"Thank you for helping me today na, nong" - Mix

"No need to thank me phi. I was supposed to help you.

"Then it seems we are even now. I helped you at the pub and you helped me with the shop." - Mix

"Phi, is it okay if I come to see you at your flower shop often??

"Why not... I would love to have a regular customer." - Mix

After a week :

Today is the day. The debt collector will be on his way to collect the debt. He must be very eager to do so. I finished all of my part time works and headed straight to my house to notice the debt collector's car. I knew it was his. Not a single relative of mine has ever stepped into our house or came to meet me and my dad. So it was easy to take a guess.

"Finally you are here. I've been waiting for you." - the debt collector

"You mean, you were waiting for the money??"

"It's great that you remember it you brat." - the debt collector

"I'm sorry that this is not 15 million as you expected. These are just 50 thousand baht. If you give me some more time, I'll return all the money that my dad owed from you." I said by handing him the bundle of notes that I had.

"Wait, let me ask my boss's opinion first. If he is kind enough to let you go then you are lucky. If not, then start packing your bags." - the debt collector

  Well, why am I supposed to pack my bags when I have paid the house rent, and owes the money. He's not a landlord. Right??
  He had some private talk with his boss and finally, turned to me. 

"Yeah, as I said, Pack your bags." - the debt collector

"Why??"

"From today onwards, you'll be working in my master's mansion as his servant. You are lucky enough that my master will let you work at his mansion and pay the expenses of your dad's alcohol every day." - the debt collector

"Then, he should've let me to pay off the debt by letting me work with the part time jobs. Why am I not allowed to do that and live in that mansion when I have payed the rent of this house??"

"Listen kiddo, my master is afraid that he'll be held responsible for letting a high schooler like you to work part time jobs. Any way, you don't have any other options other than moving to the mansion. You don't have much time to think. Once my boss makes a decision, it'll be final. He won't change his mind, no matter what." - the debt collector

  As he said, I don't have any other options. I went inside my room to pack my bags and take a final look at it. Even though I don't have good memories in my house, but it was a place that comforted me the most. A peaceful room without anyone disturbing my time. My pillow that helped with my tears. The mattress helping my tired body to rest. I would need nothing other than these things after going through a hectic day. Now I'm sure that I'm gonna miss these to my death. I didn't have many clothes, so it was not hard to pack my bag. I took the bag and turned towards my bedroom to get one last look of it. 

(Minus the laptop

(Minus the laptop. All the pictures are taken from Pinterest.) 

That's it for 5th chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed while reading it. Stay tuned for next chapter. Thank you for 2k+ reads and 150+ votes..