Chapter 27: The reportage

Lena kept her look down as sliding a hand on another, trying to control her heartbeat. Kara would land on some minutes, shaking her nerves in a way she never thought she'd feel again. Step noises and murmurs sounded in the CEO's ears. Dozens of people were walking around while preparing everything for the reportage of 2023. Cameras and microphones were everywhere, already to capture the minimum movement of their bodies and voices, bringing a lot of worries to Lena's mind. Had she chosen right? Would Kara get angry for not asking her opinion before? Would Kara get disappointed with her? She was not sure, but whatever it means, the Scientist wouldn't take one step without asking herself if everything is going to be alright, and it was consuming her.

"Reporters and journalists are ready to the reportage, miss Luthor. Did you ask miss Danvers where to find us?" Lena nodded unconsciously, needing a short time to process what the man were talking about. Ethan showed her a gentle smile. He had noticed the Luthor was not exactly focused on the crazy situation around them, but he didn't mind at all. Actually he was a little relief Lena has a kind of scape to run, although he couldn't say it loudly. As far as he has been searching about Lena Luthor, she never would like to demonstrate a kind of weakness to anyone, although Ethan has a certain idea what supposedly was surrounding Luthor's mind - or who. "I'd like to congratulate you again for your success of your V.R.S chips around the world. It's only a pity I had to say that on that circumstances." He confessed.

"Don't worry, sir Ethan. It's me who says sorry that you needed to make an emergency trip to help us."

"You have no motives to think like that, miss Luthor. We met miss Danvers on CatCo, and when we got informed about the kind of problems you two had been having, we couldn't just wait. Anyway, we are sponsoring CatCo and also marketing L-Corp's technologies, so any problems you two had, it's our problems too. It's part of being business partners." Max said, watching Lena shake her head in response with satisfaction. Although, Lena knew it was not exactly this.

It was not a surprise Kara Danvers would enchant anyone with her lovely and hopeful way of being, Lena had noticed at the instant her eyes look at the brothers. They were helping the girls not only for the interest of CatCo and L-Corp, but also for being aware Kara would be ahead on all that. And Lena couldn't guilt them for that, she'd do the same as well. Realizing that not only make her happy to see her best friend prosper in the business area, but also feel more relaxed around those two men. If it all was for linking the super, she hadn't motive to be afraid of.

Minutes later the iPhone rings and Lena answers, recognizing Sam and Jess' voices on the other side. The girls were saying sweet words to Lena to calm down, but their anxieties were so visible Lena had to fight to not giggle right there. The news with that kind of huge polemic were not exactly what they are used to, it was a fact, though Lena was happy to know her friends were ingeniously worried for her. Not just putting the guilt on her or thinking how the consequences could prejudice them like the Luthor's, and there's no words more welcoming and lovely than that feeling for Lena, and she knew: she had really good and real friends with her.

"Lena!" The CEO looked up and saw a beautiful blonde with a red cape landing down slowly, so opening a big bright smile on mouth. The flashes of cameras started to disperse on Supergirl, but Lena didn't care and hurried to give a hug to her best friend, as feeling the calm came back to her heart. Kara took a little to understand what had happened, but sooner she smiled and wrapped Lena's back. "Sorry I'm late, Lee." She whispered in the CEO's ear, then pulled away kindly. "I had some stuff on my way, but I came as fast as I could. Anyway, what would you li-" An intense light came directly to Kara's face, forcing her to blink. After a few momentary blindness, she aimed to where the flash came and crinkled. "Lena, what is...?" Kara hadn't the voice to finish, amazed with the whole filming production staring at them both.