Chapter 19: I like her

"Would you please stop walking in circles and speak, please? I'm nervous here."

"Can you give me a minute? I'm trying to find the best words."

"For what, God?!"

Sam rested her hand on Alex's arm, seeing the short-haired redhead focusing on her. Alex saw a tender face born on Sam's face and forced herself to relax. Samantha Arias had been working with Lena for long years, but she rarely had seen the raven woman behave like that, unless a certain blonde was the topic, and considering Lena's nervousness, she didn't even need a word to know what was happening right here.

Sam still remembered how suddenly Lena sprouted in her Executive Director of Finance's room, begging her to get out of L-Corp. As far as Sam had understood, Lena asked for an excuse to Kara she had an appointment, but obviously, as Kara always does, the Kryptonian would visit L-Corp to certify if Lena was really okay. Honestly, Samantha thought it was cute, however, the CEO didn't seem to share the same thoughts as her. Plus, as if it was not crazy enough for her day, all the places Lena got into were not suitable for whatever thing she had in mind. Restaurants, streets, bars, not even Lena's penthouse was 'private enough', leaving them the last and single option: Alex's house.

Alex did not understand anything when they asked to come in, but she had a vague idea of how afflicted Lena felt being able to do all this planning just to run away from L-Corp, not having the courage to say no to the Luthor. Luckily, Kelly and Esme were out, letting the CEO be more comfortable with the situation, but not enough as the woman hoped for. At least, for the next 10 minutes, Lena had been spilling the beans while she was walking from side to side, testing the little patience Alex had. Sometimes the CEO dared to mutter something or other, but nothing concrete, to the misfortune of her friends, now freaking out with anxiety.

"What about we enjoy another glass of wine?" Sam said, taking the bottle to the coffee table in front of her. She topped up everyone's glasses and handed them to each one. The moment Lena held her glass, she turned the liquid inside completely, taking both Alex and Sam by surprise. "Thank you, Sam. I needed one." Lena's voice was relieved but no less trembling, and that was caught by her friends' ears.

"Take your time." Alex gasped, still in shock, following her suit and taking a sip of her own wine.

"...I confess I'm a little bit nervous about all of this, but I think you deserve to know that I... I think I'm in love with Kara." The green eyes were fighting inside to keep looking at the two women on the couch. On the other hand, Alex and Sam just took another slow and tasted a sip of the purple liquid without showing any facial expression to the brunette. "That's only a theory, so... so I may be wrong, but I really wanted to talk to you guys."

Sam sighed, held the edge of her glass with her fingertips, and spun to Alex. "I ask her or you?" Alex made a gesture with her hand, asking Sam to continue. "Alright Lena, how should I ask this to you... We already know this." The brunette winked, just staying blankly. "We were not sure, but we suspected."

"Hold on, so during all this time, you knew this and didn't ask me?" The shock was written on Lena's face. "Why?"

"Do you really want to hear?" Alex's tone sounded like a warning, watching Lena's frustration quickly turn reluctant. "Good choice."

"And... And are you two okay with that? I mean, it's me and Kara, you see? It'd be impossible." At this moment the girls chuckled quietly. "Lena, you literally chose to finish all the Earth to save my sister. I'm really glad to know you love Kara so much, but I'm actually surprised you haven't noticed it yet." Alex confessed.

"It's just... I never thought I'd fall in love with a woman, do you understand? And Kara is my best friend. She... She always is by my side. Even when my mother and Lex were hurting her or when the FBI was against me, she chose me. I thought all I was doing was just a way to demonstrate my gratitude to her, but now I see maybe it's not only this."