Chapter 11: Your name is Lena Kieran Luthor

"Rao, it's Lena!"

"Rao, it's Lena!"

"Would you please stop listening to her heartbeat? It's creepy," Alex asked, already walking to the door.

"I'm not listening; I'm using my X-ray vision."

"Very comforting."

Alex saw through the cat's eye and confirmed it. Kara couldn't stop fidgeting. Her hands were sweating like crazy, and she felt Alex was wasting her whole life just to check one thing. It was driving Kara crazy, and she just wanted to pull Alex away from there and see for herself; however, Alex spoke first.

"Jeez, Kara, she just bought a whiskey."

"Damn it! Lena wants to kill me."

"For sure she does," Alex held back a chuckle, focusing her attention on her young sister, "You know I love you, sis, but bringing Wonder Woman to Catco was stupid, and not asking Lena her name, seriously?"

"I know this! But what else should I have done? Diana keeps changing her name. I didn't know if I was allowed to ask, especially to a Luthor. You know she used to dislike Lex."

"Who would like Lex, Kara?" Alex didn't think it could get worse, but after hearing Eve's name, her jaws clenched. "You never thought that maybe Diana changed her name to avoid revealing that she's... I don't know, 800 years old?" Kara tensed her bones. "Oh my, you have no salvation."

"Um, guys, is everything okay?" 

The voice behind the door made the Kryptonian's heart race, and Alex couldn't help but shake her head, feeling ashamed. The DEO's leader opened Kara's door and cleared the way for the raven to walk in. Lena unconsciously headed towards the blonde with her arms up, but soon a memory of green eyes slapped her, and she turned back to the redhead, then wrapping her arms around her kindly.

"I hope I'm not late; I was looking for the best whiskey for us."

"Take all the time you need."

Alex and Lena exchanged glances, and chuckled.

The CEO involuntarily side-eyed Kara and noticed the blue spheres staring at her. She gave her a cold shoulder. Quite nervous, Alex took the bottle from Lena's hands with a forced grin and left, gesturing in a somewhat questionable way behind Lena, just before leaving. With the room to themselves, the Kryptonian turned to the CEO kindly. She was too distracted in her own mind to care about the super's intentions, and then Kara took a step closer to her.

"I thought you weren't coming", said the blonde.

Lena raised her head a little higher, filled her lungs, and turned back to the reporter. With her arms crossed and a straight posture, she shot a cold and unshakable look at Kara and grumbled: "I don't know you, Kara, but I don't run from my problems."

The super cleared her throat and pushed her glasses up. It seemed the Luthor mood was on.

A bell beeped.

"I'm coming!"

Kara silently thanked Rao in the depths of her heart for that break and went bounding to her entrance, but when she saw that person standing there, her veins ran cold.

"Di... Diana?"

"I invited her," Clark Kent said beside Wonder Woman, "I thought it'd be a good idea since it's a family night. Any problem?" His tone was careful, as if he was realizing a certain discomfort in Kara's facial expression, but he wasn't sure.

"Hmm, no, come in, please."

Realizing someone was walking in, Lena hurried to welcome the guests, but the instant her eyes met theirs, her cheerful expression fell.