Chapter 17: Make me proud

Kara raised her look to the wall clock and wrote a note with her pink pen on her schedule. She was very graceful Eliza was an accumulator. Little Kara would get rid of it at the first opportunity during a teenage crisis; luckily Eliza Danvers never heard her and solved everything. And why having a schedule was so important? Simply: the month would finish in just a few weeks, and again, all the papers of the world were falling on Kara's back. 

For the Kryptonian's happiness, Winn has been spending his free time in National City so Kara doesn't hesitate to pull her friend to Catco. Working was not exactly what he meant by "having fun", but the blonde quickly said he was in debt after forcing her to watch the Star Wars franchise for a whole day and see his glasses collection's photos. At that point the tech-savvy IT guy couldn't deny it, so he decided to help her, even against his wish. 

James Olsen didn't stay out of Kara's eyes either. 

The Super felt that precisely at the moment when she most needed peace it was the moment that Snapper Carr decided to take the day to mess with her life. Each half to one hour the experienced Editor-in-Chief knocked on her door to complain about something. A reporter doesn't write fast enough, his chair is uncomfortable, those articles were a shame to all the renowned reporters, and blah, blah, blah. Kara hadn't time to scold him, let alone teach him good manners - although she had doubts if he even could hear her someday. Asking for James Olsen was the only option she had; and finally, she got a little bit of peace in her office.

The lock sound of the glass door echoed in her ears.

"I spoke your article is good, Nia. Just ignore what Snapper said, he doesn't like anything except what he does." The blonde blurted out, her eyes never leaving the Catco's cost document.

"I already was called by many things: beautiful, smart, wonder CEO, hotter woman, queen, and other magnificent praises only I can have," Kara's eyes opened wider, "but a poor ordinary girl who doesn't even look me in the eyes is offensive, and the Queen of Media never is offended by anyone."

"Oh my Rao, Mrs. Grant?!"

"Oh please, Kiera. It's impossible to forget someon-" The woman stopped talking suddenly when she felt arms across her back. Her perfect nails already were touching Kara's shoulder, as an automatic move. She was ready to choo Kara like a mangy dog, but the Super was faster. Settled on her body and took a long and steady breath. "I miss you so much." 

The older blonde took the air hard inside after Kara's whisper, and then wrapped Kara's back with a robotic hug, soon proceeding to a long and warm one. 

"Noisy crybaby." 

Cat's words trembled a little between the hoarse. Her voice sounded above a whisper, but kind, whilst tears were fighting to not mess up her stunning makeup.

"Sorry Mrs. Grant, but I'm so happy." Kara sniffed and rubbed her hands on the red face, taking her tears off as she walked away from her former boss. "It's awesome to see you again."

"Of course it is, I'm the Queen of all Media. Everybody is luckier if I choose to spend my precious time with them." Cat said as walking forward to the armchair. She hung her coat up on the seat and sat on the soft cushion with crossed legs. "However it's nice to see you too Kirara, I'm here to ask about something else: the V.R.S." Mrs. Grant was staring seriously at the young blonde with hands resting on her knee right now, causing Kara to frown. 

"Lena's new project? Why do you want to know about it?" Kara spoke as she abandoned the desk to sit on the seat in front of Cat, clearly confused.

"I'm here as President Platino's press secretary. Since he signed the Alien Amnesty Act which claims that aliens can come to Earth anytime and have American citizenship, our president is very curious to find a way for aliens to be welcoming, especially for you, Kara Danvers, or Supergirl sounds better?"