Chapter 8: I Promise

Another call had finished and a hand gladly returned the phone to the table. Kara did a good job whilst Lena was sick, she had to admit. And Lena being aware of this, Jess didn't let her escape the long hours of praise, which was kind of funny. Lena Luthor knew her best friend was awesome, even though, had something hammering in her head since early. Kara had sent a text asking why she couldn't work today. Lena tried to question why not, curious, but Kara went offline quickly and never went back to read. Lena was sure of this, she certified each half minute and nothing. Luthor wondered herself if Kara realized she hadn't reason to ask the CEO. By the way, Lena wasted most of her hours at L-Corp, so Kara could very well just ignore it and pretend anything had happened. However this was not the case, and Lena was glad of this.

The green eyes glanced at the hours in her tablet, so she touched its bottom and stood up. Lena gathered all her important stuff quickly, not forgetting the black schedule that Kara gifted her, and then left the room. Jess did not even need a single word to know where Lena was walking. The billionaire called her driver to pick her up at the entrance and skillfully got in the car. Finally, at Kara's apartment, Lena sped heading to her best friend's place. When she saw the door open, the CEO wished she had not heard the conversation, let alone seen inside. A man was on one knee never letting Kara's hand. And it seemed funny because that stupid blonde didn't stop smiling.

"That's why you don't go to work?" Lena's voice rashly sounded, and Kara jumped. Only this to Lena has the honor of being noticed by the so-distracted couple. "Le...Lena! What are you doing here?" Kara stuttered nervous. A dry laugh left Lena's throat. "How stupid I am. I was worried about you! You disappeared out of the blue and told me you couldn't work. I thought 'No, something is wrong. Kara never leaves her work for anything', and now I saw you with a man!" A surge crept on Lena's chest. She couldn't forget that fuck overwhelming sweet wedding scene. Oh, how she wished to punch his face right now, but she held back.

"Lena, please. It's not what you're thinking of." Kara tried to ask, noticing her friend's angry face. Lena crossed her arms, trying too hard to think Kara had a good reason to do all this, but it was beyond her capabilities. "I swear I didn't do it on purpose. He turned up out of the blue like an abandoned kitty and I couldn't simply let him like that. I-... I... Rao, speak something."

"Okay, hum... Hi, I'm Barry Allen."

Lena choked an eyebrow and looked back at the Kryptonian. Seriously?

"You... You know, Lee; Barry asked me for help with his wife." 

Lena's pupils exploded. 

"Wi...Wife?" 

Kara nodded frequently. This time Lena for sure could understand her, or that she thought.

"Are... Are you alone with a married man in your place?" Lena tried to ask as low as possible, making a question mark grow on her friend's face.

Kara glazed at Barry, and so did he back.

"Yes." They said in unison.

The silence came into the room for a while, until the billionaire opened her mouth. "I... I expected it of anybody but you." Her voice sounds under a whisper, intriguing the superwoman. If it was not Kara's super hearing she not even could hear her friend, but luckily she does. "Lena, what are you thinking about?" Kara was a little afraid of the answer by any motive. Reading Lena's expression was almost impossible. The only thing Kara knows it's no matter what was in her best friend's mind it was bad enough to destabilize the strong woman completely.

Lena doesn't answer Kara. She hadn't strength for.

"I don't want to spoil your moment, girls, but I'm in a serious relationship crisis here! If Iris knows I broke our wedding vase she's gonna kill me! Please, Kara, let me sleep over here tonight." Barry bagged Supergirl. "Hold on, Barry. It's crazy enough to think you had to travel to Earth-38 and obliged me not to leave because of Iris, so what make you think she wouldn't want to kill me too?"