Chapter 7: Visiting a patient

Voices echoed through the living room. Lena was well rested enough to leave the bed, which sounded like a treasure to the little Esme who soon pulled the brunette to play something. Now the girls were focusing on painting the first thing they saw and trying to guess what each other did. Esme was enjoying playing this game, unlike Lena. The CEO laughed in embarrassment at her awful drawings, covering her face one time or another to not break right there. Stuffed animals still demarcated the way they played through the house, practically abandoned, but none dared to challenge the little lion. As Esme said, 'They were not throwing on the floor, it's just talking in particular among them', and it was enough to Lena congrats the little Danvers mentally. Anyway, who could deny it happens, right?

"Okay Esme, let's keep the toys and give your godmother a breath. I think you already used her a lot. Pity on that poor soul." Lena made a funny face and Alex laughed, catching her daughter's toys. Lena saw the little mountain of toys Alex had formed and scanned. There are drawings, colorful pens, cute stuffed animals, plastic pots, and others. Although something does not seem to be from Esme. "What's this? I don't remember having played this." The CEO blurted out, handing the new drawing in the mountain.

"Oh, Gosh! Thank you, Lena. I never could regret myself if I mess it up." Alex spun at Esme. The Daralyan showed all her teeth and ran away. Alex made a movement and backed soon. 'Kids, always running.', she asked herself and turned to the beautiful brunette. "It's Kara's draw. She used to love drawing to remember about Krypton. I mean, not exactly loving but seeing the sky and finding Krypton among a billion stars or thinking about these incredible robots is not something easy for a normal child." Alex confessed whilst remembering these awful days.

"Depends on which point you see that." Lena played. Alex made a funny face, eliciting a laugh from the brunette. "Oh, how about this one? It seems... a flower?" Lena browses as she points to the Kara child's draw. For a moment she was happy to see Kara wasn't a good drawing just like her, but it was also cute. Child Kara always would be cute. "Oh yeah, it's a Darasah. It's a kind of a tree with pink flowers or something like that. Kara's grandmother had given her one year of life. She used to compare her height with Darasa all day, but she stopped when... you know, when she came here. Kara told me later her Darasah had survived and got in Argo, but now I doubt her plant is still alive."

"Kara seems to love the plant." Lena blurred out, looking at the blonde's tree drawing. Kara was such a sentimental person, even a tree could have stolen her heart. Lena couldn't help thinking how kind Kara's family was, soon remembering about Alura and Zor-El, so different from Luthor's. Although Kara was happy. "I would like to have a Darasah too." A child's voice started, guiding Lena to look down at a certain cute Dilaryan and her stuffed animal. "If I had a Darasah, aunt Kara could come here all day to play with me." Esme asked. Lena leaned over to the child to be as close to Esme's height as possible. "You miss her a lot, don't you?" Esme nodded. 'Yeah, me too', Lena thought.

"Did I hear someone calling me?"

"Kara!"

Esme ran to her super aunt, being welcomed with a tight but non-so-tight hug.

"How is my favorite niece going?" Kara asked her, "Very well, aunt." Esme shook the body with a cute smile on her face. "Ow, so sweet."

Kara heard a close step sound and looked up, freezing the blue eyes on the beautiful Luthor. She immediately reduced their distances and pulled Lena into a hug, fitting the brunette to her body without thinking twice. Almost immediately Lena hugged Kara back, lifted for a gentle and long hug. Lena hadn't super hearing as Kara, but she could hear Kara's breath loud coming and going in her ears like a whisper of relief. Lena buried her head in her best friend's shoulder, smelling her vanilla essence. It was so good. She missed Kara. Even if Alex and Kelly were doing their best to distract the brunette, she missed Kara. Her arms, her essence, her innocent talks. Lena simply could not think of living without this anymore.