2:13 You Can't Save Them All

You Can't Save Them All
Part 1
————

You Can't Save Them AllPart 1————

————

RECAP

"Yeah, I've been trapped and alone for most of my life. I could use the change of scenery." Kai said, you let out a groan and handed the phone back to Josie. "So, I'd smash that Sandclock in the next few seconds if I were you, 'cause I'm about to take a swan dive into oblivion, and I'd hate for you to forget the only thing that can save you." Kai concluded his explanation. "Good luck, kiddo." He whispered before hanging up.

Josie threw the phone to the floor and hurried over to the Sand Clock. "Josie!" You yelled, going to follow her. "Josie stop!" You yelled but she didn't listen but you stopped when she screamed and threw the Sand Clock to the floor, officially breaking it.

Both you and Josie were pushed back the amount of force the black magic explosion had, all of it going into Josie as fast as it could. Luckily you didn't get knocked unconscious but instead got up from the floor and were beside Josie, worried. You watched as she opened her eyes, only to see they were black as the magic fully consumed her.

————

Instead of being next to Josie and worried, you scurried backwards on the wood floor, watching as she got up, her eyes returning to normal and looking down at you. "Tsk tsk tsk. Come on Kate, you knew this was going to happen." Josie stated, smirking while a hand rested on her hip.

You slowly got up, worried any sudden movement would cause her to lash out. "You won't hurt me." You replied. Josie went to say something but you stopped her by cutting her off. "You won't hurt me because you will feel the guilt of hurting someone innocent." You stated.

Josie tilted her head, taking a few steps closer while you stayed where you were, not scared of Josie. The Saltzman was quite impressed with how much bravery you were having at the moment. "But you aren't so innocent, are you?" She questioned. "Killing someone who was trying to help you to which that activated your curse. Now you get to live with that for the rest of your life, haunting you." Josie emphasised.

You shook your head. "You don't mean that." You breathed out.

She lightly laughed. "You're right." Josie agreed. "The old Josie wouldn't have meant that, but I do." Josie stated, her eyes showing no remorse with what she had said. "Now, let's go get my dad before he gets himself killed at get the hell out of this place." Josie sated.

Both of you walked out of the grill and went towards the Salvatore School. Josie had done a locator spell to find her dad. You opened the door, hearing faint voices of Alaric and Jade speaking, but Alarics sounded like he was using all of his strength.