1:12 There's A Mummy On Main Street

There's A Mummy On Main Street
Part 1
————

There's A Mummy On Main StreetPart 1————

————

RECAP

"When no one's watching, it lights up the room. About the time you think you've locked your heart up safely someone breaks right through." You looked back down at your finger placement. "And all of her, fascinating contradictions are beautiful to you." You took a few breathes in. "I'm falling for a girl, and I can't wait to tell you all about her. About last night, I saw a vision of the future, in my dream. And I can't wait to meet who you will be so I can know everything about her." You finished and you smiled as you saw Hope was crying.

Her eyes were a bit red and you could see tear marks down her face. You both looked at each other before she cupped your face and kissing you. You kissed back, both of you smiling against it.

————

There is one thing you hate more than mornings, being woken up. And right now, that's what's happening. "Kate." You heard a voice call your name, you groaned in response. "Get up, we have to go on a road trip." It was Hope, you felt her move a piece of your hair out of your face.

You grabbed the sheets and pulled them over your face. "No, it's too early."  You groaned, your morning voice coming through.Hope chuckled, pulling down the sheets, you opened your eyes slightly to see Hope sitting on the edge of the bed, ready to go. "Fine." You rolled your eyes, getting out of the other side of bed. "Turn around." You stated.

You quickly got change into a leather jacket and a pair of black jeans and some boots. "Can I turn around now?" Hope questioned.

"Yeah." You walked over to your bedside table and quickly did some light make-up and a messy bun before grabbing your glass of water, drinking some of it so your voice wasn't dead. Hope looked you up and down. "Well, let's get moving." You two then left, hand in hand as you walked to the car. Hope had a bag on her left shoulder that held snacks for the road trip.

————

"Dr. Saltzman, this van is very... white of you." Kaleb stated.

Alaric took his eyes off the road and looked to Kaleb. "It's retro." Alaric said in a monotone voice, looking back to the road.

Lizzie cut in. "It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels." Lizzie stated her opinion.

Hope then came up from looking down and sighed, holding the bag from before she was holding. "We brought snacks." She looked around the van, handing some snacks to Dorian and Emma.