yan. tanjiro (+nezuko) x fem. reader

anonymous request on tumblr: How would yandere Tanjiro react to the reader faking her own death to escape from him? And how long do you think it would take for him to find out about her ploy?

"Remember I will always love you, as I claw your fucking throat away. It will end no other way." - TOOL 'PUSHIT'

she came up behind her brother, hugging him.

but this time nezukos touch couldn't change the way tanjiro felt.

this time, her touch didn't calm him down to a state where he could think rationally.

he was devasted; his one and only love died.

apparently she did.

he held the newspaper nezuko found with the news of her death in his hands for hours, reading that article again and again and looking at the picture.

but he was sure she wasn't, she couldn't be, right?

why should she kill herself when she just managed to escape?

it didn't make any sense, not even his gut trusted the article.

but 'what if's arised in his mind again and again.

what if she was really dead?

what if she hated him so much that she did everything she could so she wouldn't need to spend more time with him?

she even told him these words those endless nights he cuddled her under the covers while she tried to push him away, him asking her if she loved him as much as he did.

but she loved nezuko, she should love him though, why would she want to die?

it just didn't make sense.

but tanjiro wasn't sure which part he didn't trust, the part that said it was suicide or the overall fact that (y/n) was not alive anymore.

if only he knew...

of course he would search for you, taking nezuko with him.

you loved her after all, he remembered how you'd talk to her.

"you're the only one I have" you once told her when you knew you were supposed to be asleep already.

but nezuko snug into your room that night, not being able to sleep and not wanting to disturb her practicing brother.

"even if you're this dickheads sister, I know it's not your fault"

of course your words hurted him but the way you hugged nezuko afterwards equaled it out.

he remembered to even almost being mad at nezuko because of all the jealousy he felt that you loved her that much but not him.

maybe you'd come back if you saw how much even nezuko missed you.