yan. tendou x reader

a/n this one shot contains drugging so tw for that

ℯ𝓷𝓮𝓻𝓰𝔂
you knew tendou because of school, you never really talked a lot with the each other until you two were assigned to do a school project together. even though you nearly made the whole project alone you had a good time with him. the conversations you had with him were fun and the two of you soon realized that you had a lot in common. after that you'd only greet each other on the hallway but soon he'd approach you from behind and put his arm around your shoulder which made you flinch each time. you remember the first time he did it that you nearly got a heart attack. "tendou!" you yelled in surprise. he just started to laugh and when you tried to hit him he ran away, still laughing. after that he happened to put his arm around you more frequently and sometimes you'd do the same. lately when be put his arms around your shoulder you'd lift your arm and do the same, dragging him a little down since he was taller than you. together you would walk a bit through the hallway until you would need to seperaten to go to your classes or he to the gym. after a while he'd even skip practice to walk home with you which always resulted in you scolding him for doing so. you knew how much his team meant to him. ,,I'll walk you home" you heard a voice ring behind you and turned around to face a certain red head. ,,no" you said and were about to walk off when he speed up to walk a bit behind you,he always did that. you stopped walking and turned around once again,tendou nearly crashed into you. ,,go to practice tendou!" you said and started to push him in the direction of the gym in which the volleyball team was practicing right now. ,,but I really want to walk you home" he said and made a sad face. ,, I'll wait" you answered and saw how his eyes lit up. ,,really?!" he asked in disbelief and you nodded your head yes smiling. and so it came that you sat on a bench in your school's yard and doing your homework,waiting for your friend. the sun was starting to set when he was done with practice and you both walked home together,his house wasn't too far from yours. on your way you listened to music together,sharing earbuds and talking about what kind of music you liked and what else. the next day tendou wanted to walk home with you again ,, isn't practice?" you asked,ready to tell him to go to it. ,,no, the gym is closed because of a water lack or something" he said and you raised your eyebrows in surprise. ,,should we go somewhere after school?" he asked and you thought about if you had something to do today,but you didn't so you agreed. the day with tendou was a lot of fun and you got even closer. ,,i have a surprise!" tendou said and grabbed something from his backpack, fishing it out. it was an energy,you told him you liked energy yesterday when you walked home with him. ,, it's because of yesterday, I was very happy that you waited" he said smiling and shoved the small bottle over to you. ,,you didn't had to" you said. ,,i just waited, it's not a big deal. isn't that what friend's are supposed to do?" you said smiling and thanked him. since it was late already you both got up and started walking home. you opened the bottle on the way and took a sip, tendou stared at you while you did so. you looked at him, your face carrying obvious confusion. ,, it's nothing.." he said and looked away. you took another sip and suddenly tendou started talking. ,,you want to know why I love playing volleyball so much? why I love practice with the team?" he asked. you never really talked with him about the volleyball team that already went to nationals several times. ,,no,tell me" you said and smiled,happy that he seemed comfortable with talking about it around you. ,,because they were the first place to truly accept me the way I am. and so do you. i skipped practice for you, without feeling bad. you made me feel overwhelmed and loved without me needing to do something for it. you were the first happiness that i didn't need to force my body to move,force in my lungs or force down my throat. i love you more than I love the team and volleyball and i always walk a bit behind you because I don't feel worthy enough to walk beside you" he said and your heart would've warmed up if there wasn't the dizzy feeling in your head. you stopped walking and seeked for support on the wall next to the sidewalk you were walking on with tendou and when tendou put his arms around you, you took support on his body to not collapse to the ground. ,,and that's why I have to protect you at all costs and seal you away from the world" he whispered in your ear and you felt your legs give in completely, the dizziness taking over you while tendou's strong arms held you. your eyes filled with tears before they shut and you lost consciousness.